Copyright 2009 SVJ Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Weill Center for the Performing Arts
826 North 8th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Message: 920-208-3243 more »
Opened on February 18th, 1928 as the Sheboygan Theatre by the Milwaukee Theatre Circuit. It was sold to Warner Brothers in 1930.
It was sold to Marcus Theaters in 1966. Marcus remodeled the theater in 1980, closing the balcony and converting it to a 2-screen location called the Plaza 8. The theater closed in 1992.
The non-profit Weill Center Foundation, Inc. was formed in 1996 to preserve and restore the theater. A five-year restoration project returned the theater back to its original 1928 appearance as accurately as possible while the theater received all new electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and new dressing rooms.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places and the State of Wisconsin Register of Historic Places in 1999.
The theaterís second grand opening was held in October 2001.
aka Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.