Photo by Thomas Hawk Used with Permission
1013 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Opened in January 1913 as the Empress, a 2,000 seat vaudeville theater. It was later renamed the Hippodrome, and changed from vaudeville to movies. In 1946, the interior was gutted and the Crest was born October 6, 1949 with a showing of "That Midnight Kiss"
The theater closed in 1979 and was reopened November 18, 1986. A 1995 restoration effort brought back some of its original glory and two additional screens were added in 1997.
Home - About Us - Ad Info - Feedback
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service