Photo by Thomas Hawk. Used with Permission.
216 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
Message: 818-243-ALEX more »
Theater opened in 1925 as the "Alexander Theatre" which hosted movies and neighborhood vaudeville acts.
Theater was purchased in 1992 by the Glendale Redevelopment Agency with the intent of making it a performing arts center and an anchor for the city. The Grand Re-opening was celebrated on New Year's Day in 1993. The theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
It is now home to five resident companies: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles, Glendale Youth Orchestra, Alex Film Society, and Musical Theatre Guild.
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.