Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
Rather than hold on to legacy brands, the company will be removing all branding mentioning Loews, Starplex, Wynnsong, Carmike, Muvico, and Ovations. We've begun to see this happening already, as theaters are changing their names and web sites and social media links are being shut down or updated to reflect these changes. The AMC Stubs rewards program will replace the programs from the acquired companies.
“To ensure our guests are clear about the experience they should expect, we will be operating all of our theatres under the AMC brand,” said Stephen Colanero, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, AMC. “Within that brand, we are communicating three distinct experiences that set clear expectations for our guests. All three of these brands promise the guest that we will give them an AMC experience at the movies.”
During the next few months, according to the press release issued by AMC, all locations will be converted to one of the following three brands:
About 400 locations will have the standard AMC Theatres brand, which will indicate amenities such as recliner seating, MacGuffins bars, and premium large format (PLF) auditoriums like IMAX at AMC, Dolby Cinema at AMC, and AMC’s new proprietary PLF, named "Prime at AMC."
AMC Classic Theatres
200 locations will carry the AMC Classic brand. These value-oriented locations will likely include many of the nearly-300 locations the company picked up in its acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, and the logo will incorporate the "folded-C" from Carmike and use Carmike's tagline of "America's Hometown Theatres" in advertising. AMC Classic locations will offer Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, menu items like pretzel bites and movie nachos, refillable annual popcorn buckets, and some may have MacGuffins bars and Prime at AMC.
AMC Dine-In Theatres
Rounding out the list are the approximately 60 locations which have kitchens. Theaters once branded as Fork and Screen, Cinema Suites, and Red Kitchen, as well as Carmike's Ovations locations. Dine-In Theatres locations will have MacGuffins bars, full-service dining, and menu and beverage offerings available at express-pick up counters and/or delivery to patron's seats.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
With the closing of the Alamo Drafthouse in Kalamazoo, I was hoping that it will be replaced by AMC Dine-in or AMC Classics. As of this moment, I don't know who will replace the Drafthouse. I was hoping it would Celebration Cinema's Studio C, or I will accept AMC Dine-in.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.