Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike Cottonwood 4
- Megaplex Theatres - Cottonwood
- Century 16 Salt Lake
Salt Lake City, UT
- Cinemark Sugar House
Salt Lake City, UT
- Century 16 Sandy Union Heights
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
The official ribbon-cutting for the theater was held on March 8, 2017 and moviegoers were able to proceed in and see what they did with the place. According to an article published in the Salt Lake City Tribune, the company made some changes to the theater, including heated reclining seats:
"We did everything we could to restore what was great and bring in a few finishing touches," [company president Blake Andersen] said.
The theater is the first building to bear the company's Megaplex Luxury brand. Other Megaplex theaters, like the flagship at Sandy's Jordan Commons, have luxury seating in some auditoriums, but Holladay is the first to make every seat in every theater a heated luxury recliner.
The six theaters seat 486 patrons — far fewer than the 1,100 or so seats in the old movie houses.
Megaplex has also added a downstairs lounge and a cafe menu that includes crepes, salads, waffles and other items along with the traditional popcorn and candy. One of the six theaters has been turned into a VIP auditorium, with concierge service and laser projection.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The Megaplex Theatres web site lists the following amenities that moviegoers should expect when visiting the theater:
- 6 screens with 100% Heated Luxury Recliners
- Reserved Seating
- Mark Miller Subaru VIP Luxury Lounge and Auditorium with in-seat service
- Premiere Movie Parties and Special Corporate Events
- Full-Service Food Court offering
- Café Megaplex Crepes, Waffles, Salads and more
- Coca Cola Freestyle Beverage System with more than 100 different soft drink choices
- Bon Bon Ice Cream and Desserts
- Snack Zone Popcorn and Treats
- Drive up and in-lobby ticketing kiosks
- Online Reserved Ticketing
- Adaptive Services for Guests with Special Needs
- Open and Closed Captioning for the Hearing Impaired
- Descriptive Video Services for the Visually Impaired
- Accommodations for guests with Mobility challenges
- Wheelchair accessible heated Luxury Seats
Almost three years ago, the future of a Megaplex Theatres location for the area was very different. In August 2014, the company announced that it would be building a new 10-screen movie theater as part of the new 54-acre Cottonwood development that was happening on the south side of Murray Holladay Road. The development was to replace the Cottonwood Mall, which was the location of the Carmike Cottonwood 4 until the theater closed in 2002. That development never got started, and the only remaining building housed Macy's which announced it was closing earlier this year.
The two closest movie theaters to the Cottonwood's location are the Century 16 Sandy Union Heights to the south, the Century 16 Salt Lake to the northwest, and the Cinemark Sugar House. All are about four miles away.
To see what's playing and when at the new theater, and to buy your tickets online, head over to the Showtimes page for the Megaplex Theatres - Cottonwood!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.