Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Ways to See and Share Your Reader Reviews [1/12]
- New Navigation with Dropdown Menus [10/21]
- Photo Gallery Upgrades - Larger Photos, Arrow Key Navigation [4/27]
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
If you are using the desktop version of this site, you will notice that we now have a new layout for the navigation bar that is at the top of every page. We thought that it was time to make some changes that would improve usability, simplify the design, and decrease load times.
Here is what the navigation looked like previously:
And now, this is what the new navigation bar looks like on the same page:
The sections that have been named "Now Showing" and "The Marquee" since our beginning in 1996 have been renamed simply to "Movies" and "Theaters." You may wonder why in the world they weren't named that from the beginning, and all I can say in our defense was that we were trying to be a little original. However, some long-time readers were still getting confused when they wanted to find showtimes by theater, and this change was begun when we released the mobile-friendly version of the site last year.
You will notice in the graphics above that we now offer dropdown menus in the top navigation under the "Movies" and "Theaters" headings. These dropdowns give you immediate access to the various listings within each of those sections. We hope that this will draw more attention to all the different ways that you can find the movie and/or theater you're seeking.
The background is now a solid color instead of the alternating lines. This is a minor change, but those narrow lines would look odd on some tablets. Removing that background allowed us to shrink the amount of graphics that needed to be sent, which speeds up the display of pages, and more in keeping with the new design themes on many web sites/services without going too far down that road and impacting visual interest altogether.
Let Us Know What You Think!
We hope that you like these changes! As always, please let us know what you think about any aspect of our site by completing the Feedback Form, or you can leave a comment at the bottom of this message as well. Unlike many services where you can get movie and theater information, I read and often respond to every single message sent in by our readers. Those comments affect how we move this site forward and the features that we offer, so your constructive criticism isn't only welcome, it's necessary for us to deliver the best service possible!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.