Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- $5 Tuesday Promotion Comes to Wehrenberg Theatres [1/16]
- LucasFilm and Disney Will Not Recreate Carrie Fisher's Likeness for "Star Wars: Episode IX" [1/15]
- A Rundown of the Reshoots and Work Done on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [1/15]
- An Examination of Iconic and Forgettable Soundtracks in Movies [12/15]
- Hollywood, CA: X-Wing Fighter Parked on Hollywood Boulevard -- Disney and LucasFilm Win All Movie Promo Awards for the Foreseeable Future [12/8]
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event - Video Added [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
The days of summer are winding down, as schools begin session, the days get shorter, and the weather starts to cool. What better way to celebrate a great summer than to watch a movie at a drive-in movie theater? There are over 500 drive-in movie theaters in the United States, offering a unique experience for enjoying movies and having fun!
Seeing movies under the stars is the stuff that memories are made of, so we've got an easy way for you to find where your nearest drive-in is located and what's playing!
- Visit the Nearby Theaters page
- Enter your ZIP code or allow the site to find your location
- You will see a list of all theaters near your location, so you will want to choose the Drive-ins selection in the "Show" options in the upper right hand corner.
- If you don't see any drive-ins listed (there aren't as many as there used to be), select a wider range. Choose 50 miles for the most theaters, and then you can choose the closest theater to your location.
Many drive-ins play first-run movies, so you'll see movies like Suicide Squad, but many also play family-friendly movies, such as Pete's Dragon, as well as classics from the past. For example, I found one nearby playing American Graffiti.
See a List of Drive-ins by State
You can see all the drive-ins for every state by going to the Theaters by Region page, and selecting Drive-ins in the "Show" options.
Which state has the most active drive-ins?
Leave your reply below, and all the correct answers through September 1, 2016 will receive a free week of VIP Service!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
The best drive in is my area is in Muskegon at the four-screen Getty Drive in which is own by Celebration Cinema, the same chain which owns Celebration Cinema in Kalamazoo. I heard a lot of good things about the drive-in and I suggest that you check that theater out.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.