Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Ways to See and Share Your Reader Reviews [1/12]
- New Navigation with Dropdown Menus [10/21]
- Photo Gallery Upgrades - Larger Photos, Arrow Key Navigation [4/27]
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
We recently added a new feature for movie theaters that makes it much easier to post links to Facebook for pages related to each theater, and the movies they are playing. The new feature can be found in the sidebar (look for Shareable Links) and the right-hand column (Get Facebook Links button) that appears on every page related to a movie theater.
How is this useful?
Movie theaters that like to share links on Facebook and Twitter about movies that they are playing can use these links to quickly share information about that big blockbuster coming up, as well as simple links to their Showtimes page, Ticket Prices page, etc.
For example, let's say that the Cinemark Tinseltown USA - El Paso wanted to share a link on their Facebook page about Jurassic World, which they are showing starting on June 11th. They can go to the Shareable Links page for their theater, find the movie in the Links for Movies Playing at This Theater section, and select the blue "Showtimes" button to share their Showtimes page for June 11, or the blue "Movie Information" button to share the more general page with all the movie's information on it.
The "Share on Facebook" dialog will appear and additional text can be added (such as "Coming Thursday!").
Not only will that link go to the Showtimes page for that movie on June 11th (the first date the theater has showtimes), it also defaults the Nearby Theaters view for the theater's location, so their showtimes will appear at the top of the Showtimes listing.
If the theater shares the "Movie Information" link, the theater's location is still included, so when their Facebook visitor visits that link, and then visits the Showtimes page for the movie, their showtimes will appear at the top.
For those that want more links, we have them, too. The other links on that page can be copied and shared anywhere, such as a Tweet or a mention in an E-Mail newsletter.
Give the Shareable Links page a try and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.