Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Fifth Element 
- The Fifth Element 20th Anniversary
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets in 3D
Add Your Comments
- "The Fifth Element" Returns to Theaters for 20th Anniversary Event with Sneak Peek of "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" [4/10]
- USA Today Shows Photos of Michael Keaton as the Villain Vulture in "Spider-Man: Homecoming" [3/27]
- How ILM Created a New King Kong [3/24]
- Free Ice Cream Cones at Select Showcase Cinemas April 4, 2017 [3/23]
- Stay for the Credits of "Kong: Skull Island" [3/10]
- Watch Family-Friendly Movies at Marcus Theatres for Just $3 During "Kids Dream" Series [2/23]
- See the First Cast Photo for "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" [2/22]
- "First Look" Fan Event on February 28, 2017 for "Ghost in the Shell" at Select IMAX Theaters [2/16]
- Marcus Adds More Wehrenberg Locations to its Best Picture Festival [2/14]
- Watch All the Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [1/26]
Luc Besson's visual adventure, The Fifth Element, opened in theaters on May 9, 1997, and it's returning to theaters in May! The Fifth Element 20th Anniversary is a special two-day engagement presented by Fathom Events and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Moviegoers will be able to enjoy a 4K restoration of the movie and get an exclusive look at Besson's upcoming movie, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, which is coming to theaters in July.
Bruce Willis as taxi driver Korben Dallas.
You can find out where and when the 20th anniversary event is happening by going to the Showtimes page for The Fifth Element 20th Anniversary. Some theaters are playing it under the original movie's entry, so be sure to check that Showtimes page as well. You'll want to confirm with the theater that they will have the restored copy and will be playing the "Valerian" clip, if that's important to you.
In The Fifth Element, Bruce Willis plays Korben Dallas, a cab driver in 23rd century New York City who discovers that the fate of the world is contained within the mysterious Leeloo (Milla Jovovich), who literally drops from the sky and into his life. To save humanity, he must protect her from the evil industrialist Zorg (Gary Oldman), who is embroiled in an intergalactic war between the Mondoshawans and the Mangalores.
If you can't get to one of the theaters playing the movie, you can still enjoy the new 4K restoration by buying the upcoming 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc that is due in stores on July 11th. We don't have any pre-order information yet, so stay tuned for more details!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.