Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Ways to See and Share Your Reader Reviews [1/12]
- New Navigation with Dropdown Menus [10/21]
- Photo Gallery Upgrades - Larger Photos, Arrow Key Navigation [4/27]
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
We've changed the default sort option for Theater Showtimes to the "Sort by Release Date" option that was added in May 2014. This option makes it easier to find new releases as they are listed first in the Showtimes display.
One thing that we noticed since May was that having just two groups in this display (New Releases, Older Releases) was a little generic, so we added two more groupings to help make longer movie listings easier to read.
When appropriate, you will now see movies under the heading of "Recent Releases" which includes movies released within three weeks (not counting those that are already grouped under "New Releases").
For those theaters that bring older movies back, there is a heading for "Classic Movies Back on the Big Screen." These movies are those which are 10 or more years old, which also are displayed in the page of the same name in Now Showing.
"Sort by Release Date" is the default option, but you still have the ability to specify "Sort by Name" for an alphabetical listing of the movies as well. The site will remember your selection and use that as the default during your visit.
What Do You Think of This Change?
Love it or hate it, let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.