Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- A Snapshot of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - 80k players, 88 titles, 1 million discs sold [11/8]
- High-Def Digest Previews the Sony UBP-X1000ES Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/29]
- OPPO Digital Confirms Upcoming Ultra HD Blu-ray Player [9/26]
- Sony Announces 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for Spring 2017 Release [9/15]
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
Yamaha Unveils the CX-A5100: Flagship AVENTAGE Preamp Delivers 3D Surround Sound, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and MusicCast
BUENA PARK, Calif. (August 25, 2015 ) – Yamaha today introduced the flagship AVENTAGE CX-A5100, the second generation of its powerhouse AV preamplifier. The CX-A5100 adds several key features over its well-admired predecessor, the CX-A5000, including compatibility with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™, dual XLR subwoofer outlets, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, as well as full support of 4K video with HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI®.
"The CX-A5100 is a special piece for serious home theater fans, offering Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, as well as the bulletproof performance that our customers expect from Yamaha — especially from our flagship sound and build quality solutions," said Bob Goedken, general manager, AV Division, Yamaha Corporation of America. "In addition, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and MusicCast provide great accessibility and freedom, so music from mobile devices and networked sources can be enjoyed in multiple rooms in the house."
Yamaha's groundbreaking CINEMA DSP HD3 (HD Cubic) technology has been revamped for the CX-A5100 to maximize speaker performance by enabling them to reproduce fuller, richer and more immersive sound. When the CX-A5100 is paired with the Yamaha MX-A5000 power amplifier, this formidable duo can integrate CINEMA DSP HD3 in an 11.2-channel or 7.1.4-channel configuration to replicate the audio found in the best movie theaters in the world, within the home.
All channels of this model use ultra-high performance SABRE32™ Ultra DACs, which provide 192 kHz / 32-bit processing with a superior signal-to-noise ratio and high dynamic range for Blu-ray Disc™ players, as well as from high-resolution source inputs over a home network.
Bluetooth support and built-in Wi-Fi improves installation flexibility and provides easy access to countless music sources. In addition, compatibility with FLAC / WAV / AIFF, Apple® Lossless and DSD formats means that high-resolution audio can be easily played from a networked PC, NAS or USB flash drive.
This is also the first product, other than the company's AV receivers that were introduced earlier this year, which is compatible with the MusicCast wireless multiroom audio system that was unveiled last week. MusicCast delivers music to any room in a home via an array of Yamaha audio products with control provided by a simple app.
Yamaha's exclusive YPAO™ - R.S.C. with 3D, multipoint and angle measurement provides automatic sound parameter optimization that maximizes the performance effectiveness of CINEMA DSP HD3 and Dolby Atmos.
The craftsmanship and design of the CX-A5100 is influenced by Yamaha's expertise in professional audio, musical instruments and home theater. The internal structure eliminates high frequency noise interference from the digital circuitry, while shielded power supplies and a large power transformer resist the radiation of noise and vibration. Chassis stiffness is enhanced by a three-ply structure that incorporates an independent top cover, aluminum side panels and an H-shaped cross frame. The A.R.T. (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge in the center of the bottom cover acts as an additional vibration countermeasure.
To learn about the CX-A5100 AVENTAGE preamp, please visit http://4wrd.it/YAMAHA_CX-A5100.
Pricing and Availability
Rear Panel View
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.