Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Lawrence of Arabia 
- Seattle Cinerama Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
- Blu-ray Review: Dolphin Tale [1/13]
- Blu-ray Review: Planet Earth Special Edition [10/28]
- Netflix Realizes After 3 Weeks What Every Customer Knew Right Away - Qwikster Was a Bad Idea [10/10]
- Amazon Shakes Up the Tablet Market with New 7-inch "Fire" and Releases New Kindles Too [9/28]
HDNet Movies has announced the high definition premiere of the classic movie Lawrence of Arabia on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 6:15pm ET.
The 1962 movie won seven Academy Awards®, including Best Picture and Best Director (David Lean). Peter O’Toole was also nominated for Best Actor and Omar Sharif was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
During the First World War, British officer T.E. Lawrence accomplished what many would have considered impossible: he brought embattled Arab tribes together in a "united front" against the Germans. The movie examines Lawrence's emotional struggles with violence in war (especially the conflicts between Arabic tribes and the slaughter of the Turkish army), his personal identity and his divided allegiance between his native Britain and its army, and his newfound comrades within the Arabian desert tribes.
The American Film Institute ranked Lawrence of Arabia as the seventh greatest movie of all time in 2007, and it has been listed on quite a few of AFI's "greatest" and "most..." rankings. It is rated #32 on the IMDb Top Movies list.
The HDNet Movies web site lists the following showtimes for the movie:
- Sun, Feb 10th - 6:15 PM ET / 3:15 PM PT
- Mon, Feb 11th - 12:30 AM ET / Sun, Feb 10th - 9:30 PM PT
- Sat, Feb 16th - 2:15 PM ET / 11:15 AM PT
- Wed, Feb 20th - 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT
- Sun, Feb 24th - 5:00 AM ET / 2:00 AM PT
- Thu, Feb 28th - 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT
While Roger Ebert has said that this movie can be appreciated best in its full glory in a movie theater playing in 70mm, such opportunities are few and far between. Seeing it at home in HD (and hopefully on the largest screen possible) will help those of us not fortunate enough to have seen this classic in its original splendor to appreciate it the best way possible.
See it on the big screen, in 70mm!
If you happen to live near Seattle, Washington, or are willing to travel, the Seattle Cinerama Theatre (aka AMC Cinerama 1) will be showing the movie in 70mm on March 16, 18, 23, and 25. You can check out the showtimes and purchase tickets for the show by visiting the theater's showtimes page for 3/16/2008. From there, you can navigate to the other dates.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.