Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Lawrence of Arabia 
- Seattle Cinerama Theatre
Add Your Comments
- Denon Releases DTS:X Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Adding Height Speakers for a Dolby Atmos Installation - Comparison Test [9/17]
- Samsung Unveils First UltraHD Blu-ray Player, Fox Promises Movies [9/3]
- DTS Releases More Details About DTS:X for Home Theaters [4/9]
- Video Interview with Joe Kane on the Future of TV, Ultra HD, and more [2/5]
- DTS Reveals DTS:X Immersive Sound Technology [1/8]
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
HDNet Movies has announced the high definition premiere of the classic movie Lawrence of Arabia on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 6:15pm ET.
The 1962 movie won seven Academy Awards®, including Best Picture and Best Director (David Lean). Peter O’Toole was also nominated for Best Actor and Omar Sharif was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
During the First World War, British officer T.E. Lawrence accomplished what many would have considered impossible: he brought embattled Arab tribes together in a "united front" against the Germans. The movie examines Lawrence's emotional struggles with violence in war (especially the conflicts between Arabic tribes and the slaughter of the Turkish army), his personal identity and his divided allegiance between his native Britain and its army, and his newfound comrades within the Arabian desert tribes.
The American Film Institute ranked Lawrence of Arabia as the seventh greatest movie of all time in 2007, and it has been listed on quite a few of AFI's "greatest" and "most..." rankings. It is rated #32 on the IMDb Top Movies list.
The HDNet Movies web site lists the following showtimes for the movie:
- Sun, Feb 10th - 6:15 PM ET / 3:15 PM PT
- Mon, Feb 11th - 12:30 AM ET / Sun, Feb 10th - 9:30 PM PT
- Sat, Feb 16th - 2:15 PM ET / 11:15 AM PT
- Wed, Feb 20th - 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT
- Sun, Feb 24th - 5:00 AM ET / 2:00 AM PT
- Thu, Feb 28th - 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT
While Roger Ebert has said that this movie can be appreciated best in its full glory in a movie theater playing in 70mm, such opportunities are few and far between. Seeing it at home in HD (and hopefully on the largest screen possible) will help those of us not fortunate enough to have seen this classic in its original splendor to appreciate it the best way possible.
See it on the big screen, in 70mm!
If you happen to live near Seattle, Washington, or are willing to travel, the Seattle Cinerama Theatre (aka AMC Cinerama 1) will be showing the movie in 70mm on March 16, 18, 23, and 25. You can check out the showtimes and purchase tickets for the show by visiting the theater's showtimes page for 3/16/2008. From there, you can navigate to the other dates.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.