Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Photos and Videos Added for "Deepwater Horizon" [9/26]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Passengers" Starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt [9/20]
- "Avengers: Infinity War" No Longer Two Parts, Hopefully Marking the End of Two-Parters [8/1]
- Watch the Trailers and Videos from Comic-Con! [7/28]
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
- "The Fast and the Furious" Returns to Theaters for 15th Anniversary [6/10]
- Rundown of the Free/Discounted Summer Movie Programs at Theaters [5/27]
- Watch the Latest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" - Plus Photos [5/23]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Now You See Me 2" [5/20]
We're in the process of moving this site to a new, more powerful dedicated server, as I mentioned in my Journal post titled "13 Years and Counting!"
We've been testing the new server for a couple of weeks, and as soon as the final tests are complete early Monday morning, we'll be throwing the switch on the bigger, faster, and stronger future for The BigScreen Cinema Guide!
While we've done some extensive testing, I'm sure that some things will come up which may cause some problems that won't become evident until we start serving some real traffic and see real-world usage. When we're ready to throw that switch, I'll post a message on both servers that it's happening.
The mechanics of making such a switch means that it may take some time for your Internet Service Provider to recognize that a change has happened and point you to the new server. Usually, this takes just a few hours, but it can take a day or more. In rare instances, we've seen examples where we've had to contact the system administrators to get them to refresh their settings. I'll be monitoring the traffic to both servers during this time to minimize the impact on our readers and identify any problems that crop up.
I would like to thank you in advance for your patience during this transition. We're making this change so that we can provide a better web site for you in the form of better reliability, higher performance, and the capability to add more great features!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.