Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- New Photos Added for "300: Rise of an Empire" [3/7]
- New Trailer for "Godzilla" Now Available [2/25]
- Anchorman 2 Comes Back in R-Rated Version for One Week Starting Feb 28, 2014 [2/22]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Grudge Match" [12/13]
- Teaser Trailer and Three Photos Released for "Godzilla" [12/13]
- Dozens of New Photos for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" [12/11]
- New Photos and Official Trailer Added for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" [12/5]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "American Hustle" [12/3]
- New Trailer and Photos for Martin Scorsese / Leonardo DiCaprio Movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" [12/3]
- Advance Tickets on Sale for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" [11/22]
We're in the process of moving this site to a new, more powerful dedicated server, as I mentioned in my Journal post titled "13 Years and Counting!"
We've been testing the new server for a couple of weeks, and as soon as the final tests are complete early Monday morning, we'll be throwing the switch on the bigger, faster, and stronger future for The BigScreen Cinema Guide!
While we've done some extensive testing, I'm sure that some things will come up which may cause some problems that won't become evident until we start serving some real traffic and see real-world usage. When we're ready to throw that switch, I'll post a message on both servers that it's happening.
The mechanics of making such a switch means that it may take some time for your Internet Service Provider to recognize that a change has happened and point you to the new server. Usually, this takes just a few hours, but it can take a day or more. In rare instances, we've seen examples where we've had to contact the system administrators to get them to refresh their settings. I'll be monitoring the traffic to both servers during this time to minimize the impact on our readers and identify any problems that crop up.
I would like to thank you in advance for your patience during this transition. We're making this change so that we can provide a better web site for you in the form of better reliability, higher performance, and the capability to add more great features!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.