Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Tyler Galleria 16
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
The AMC Tyler 16 at the Galleria at Tyler Riverside, California opened to the public on December 14, 2007.
The new theater features four auditoriums with screens more than three stories high and 50 feet wide, and every one of the 16 screens features Sony SXRD™ 4K digital cinema projectors, which offer four times the resolution of standard 2K digital cinema projectors. Each auditorium is also equipped with the ability to play uncompressed digital six-channel audio and Dolby Digital audio, depending on the content being presented.
The full press release from AMC appears below.
AMC Entertainment(R) To Open All-Digital AMC Tyler 16 On December 14
All guests will receive one free large popcorn for each ticket purchased during theatre opening
Riverside, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2007) - AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC), one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies, announced today AMC Tyler 16 at the Galleria at Tyler will open to the public on December 14, bringing the gift of the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to the Inland Empire this holiday season.
The new state-of-the-art theatre will open with highly anticipated films such as 20th Century Fox's "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and Warner Bros.' "I Am Legend" and features four auditoriums with screens more than three stories high and 50 feet wide. To commemorate the opening, all guests who visit the theatre during the opening weekend will receive a free large popcorn with each ticket purchased.
The first all-digital AMC theatre in the area, AMC Tyler 16 will also show exciting alternative content. Guests will experience live entertainment on the big screen featuring top concert tours such as Garth Brooks, operas including performances from the Metropolitan Opera and other entertainment such as Drum Corps International events.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in 1920, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Guests will "Experience the Difference(R)" at AMC Tyler 16, as two grand, circular staircases, as well as an escalator, lead guests to a circular courtyard in front of the theatre, which majestically overlooks the retail center below. AMC Tyler 16 will be adorned with AMC's signature design concepts, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring, entertaining directors' series photographs and a modern-day rendition of the red carpet, in addition to an expansive concession stand featuring items from Clip's PicksSM concession value menu.
AMC Tyler 16 will feature AMC's signature quality, comfort, service, convenience and commitment to guest satisfaction, and will showcase modern amenities including:
- Sixteen auditoriums with more than 2,800 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat(R)-style seating featuring "articulating" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- Digital Projection Technology in all auditoriums featuring SXRD™ 4K digital cinema projectors from Sony, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV.
- Uncompressed digital six-channel audio coupled with Dolby(R) Digital signal processing in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring four auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System(R) (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Three Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Tyler 16 can expect to enjoy industry-leading guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.Cinema(R) - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day ($6) before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
- Clip's PicksSM - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the United States and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC SELECT SM - provides guests a year-round selection of the most exciting and diverse films at the state-of-the-art AMC Tyler 16. Simply put, special films belong in special venues.
Located at the north terminus of the Galleria at Tyler, AMC Tyler 16 is the entertainment anchor and part of the new 130,000-square-foot lifestyle village development located at Highway 91 and Tyler St. in Riverside, Calif. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/tyler.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., AMC Entertainment Inc. is one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies. With a history of industry leadership dating back to 1920, the company today serves more than 230 million guests annually through interests in 358 theatres with 5,128 screens in six countries. www.amctheatres.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.