Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
- San Diego, CA: The LOT - Liberty Station to Open May 5, 2016 [5/4]
- Palm Desert, CA: Tristone Cinemas to Take Over After Cinémas Palme d'Or Closes [4/27]
- Palm Desert, CA: Cinémas Palme d'Or Blames Cinemark for Putting It Out of Business [4/27]
- Forest Hills, NY: Cinemart Cinemas Closed Until May 26, 2016 for Renovations [4/27]
- Battle Creek, MI: NCG - Battle Creek to Open April 29, 2016 [4/26]
- Kings Mountain, NC: New Hounds Drive-In Opening Soon [4/21]
- Taylor, MI: Cinemark Southland Center and XD Opens Today [4/21]
- St. Petersburg, FL: Cobb Theatres - Tyrone Luxury 10 Now Open [4/18]
- Kapolei, HI: Regal Kapolei Commons 12 Opening April 21, 2016 [4/18]
Hollywood Theaters, the eighth largest movie theater chain in the U.S., has entered into an agreement with National CineMedia (NCM) for the installation of equipment to show pre-show advertising, alternative events such as The Metropolitan Opera and concert events, as well as meeting and event services.
Hollywood Theater locations in 15 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia, are included in this deal.
NCM has made similar deals with AMC Entertainment, Cinemark, Regal Entertainment, Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, Marcus Theatres, and others. According to their press release, NCM states that it is the largest digital video and satellite distribution network in the U.S.
The upside to this news for those of you with Hollywood Theaters locations in your area is that you will have access to the alternative programming like the Met Opera and various concerts. The downside is that if your favorite Hollywood Theater wasn't showing pre-show advertising before, they will be starting soon.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.