Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Ratatouille 
- Shrek the Third 
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
The 2008 Kids' Choice Awards show was broadcast on Nickelodeon Saturday night, hosted by actor Jack Black, and Johnny Depp, Jessica Alba, Eddie Murphy, Miley Cyrus, and others captured the orange Blimps.
More than 86.7 million votes were cast between March 3 - 29 in 18 categories, which is more than double the votes collected for last year's awards.
Some of the awards are as follows:
|Favorite Movie Actor||Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End)|
|Favorite Movie Actress||Jessica Alba (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer) |
|Favorite Movie||Alvin and the Chipmunks|
|Favorite Animated Movie||Ratatouille|
|Favorite Voice in an Animated Movie|
Eddie Murphy (Shrek the Third)
The press release also mentioned the following awards:
Top TV awards went to American Idol as Favorite Reality Show, to Drake & Josh as Favorite TV Show and to Avatar: The Last Airbender as Favorite Animated Show. Drake Bell (Drake & Josh) collected his third consecutive Blimp as Favorite TV Actor, and last year's Favorite TV Actress, Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), nabbed a pair for Favorite TV Actress and Favorite Female Singer. Tony Hawk and Danica Patrick scored for Favorite Male Athlete and Favorite Female Athlete. In music, Chris Brown seized Favorite Male Singer, and The Jonas Brothers triumphed as a group; Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend won for Favorite Song. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling notched Favorite Book honors.
A popular element of these awards is the sliming of popular stars, and this year, Jack Black and Orlando Bloom were subjected to the longest sliming in history.
LOS ANGELES, CA - MARCH 29: Host Jack Black (L) and actor Orlando Bloom get slimed during Nickelodeon's 2008 Kids' Choice Awards held at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion on March 29, 2008 in Westwood, California. (Photo by Frank Micelotta/Getty Images for Nickelodeon)
You can catch a replay of the show on TurboNick (http://www.turbonick.com).
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.