Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Grand 14 at Market Common
Myrtle Beach, SC
Add Your Comments
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mueller Planning for Early 2017 Opening [12/23]
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is about to get a new movie theater! Consolidated Theatres will be opening the Grand 14 at Market Common on Thursday, April 3rd.
The new theater features 14 screens that boast stadium seating and Dolby Digital and DTS digital sound. Tickets will be available online, giving guests the freedom to buy tickets in advance and avoid the box office ticket lines.
To celebrate their grand opening, they are offering free popcorn all weekend and on Saturday, they are showing a 5-movie family film festival to benefit the American Red Cross.
The full press release appears below.
GRAND 14 CINEMAS OPENS APRIL 3RD AT MARKET COMMON!
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (March 26, 2008) – Consolidated Theatres is pleased to announce the opening of the highly-anticipated GRAND 14 CINEMA (4002 DeVille St.) at Market Common on Thursday, April 3, 2008. Popcorn is FREE all weekend (April 3-6). The 51,000+ square-foot, modern cinema-house complex features:
- 2,600+ Luxury Stadium Seats with high-back rocker seats and retractable arm rests
- 14 fully expanded wall-to-wall screens
- State-of-the-art Digital Dolby and DTS sound
- Online ticketing and showtimes at www.MarketCommonCinema.com
- Special Student and Senior discounts
- Rear Window Captioning (RWC) for deaf and hearing impaired guests
- Descriptive Video Service (DVS) for blind and visually impaired guests
- Loyalty Points Program to earn free movie tickets
- Superior concessions including pizza, gourmet pretzels, hot dogs, Nachos, Coca-Cola product beverages and other quality items
“We are thrilled to bring the best of Hollywood to Myrtle Beach with the Grand 14,” says Consolidated Theatres President and CEO Herman Stone. “Market Common is about to be booming with energy and our theatre will add to the overall experience at this spectacular, modern development.”
GRAND OPENING ACTIVITIES:
Thursday, April 3: Be the first to enjoy a show at Grand 14! Movies begin at 6pm. Popcorn is FREE!
Friday, April 4: Meet the Grand 14’s own celebrity mascot Poppy! Popcorn is FREE!
Saturday, April 5: Come watch a movie and help the American Red Cross! We’re having a special 5-film, Family Film Festival to benefit the American Red Cross! Film Festival movies include SPIDERMAN 3, THE WATERHORSE, SHREK THE THIRD, ICE AGE 2 and BEE MOVIE. Film Festival tickets are $2 and all proceeds benefit the American Red Cross. Popcorn is FREE!
Sunday, April 6: Last day of FREE popcorn!
Consolidated Theatres, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, presently operates 30 locations with 421 screens located in South Carolina, Maryland, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina. Consolidated Theatres is committed to continuing its reputation as the premier theater operating company in the United States.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.