Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Valkyrie 
Add Your Comments
- Watch the Trailer for "Taken 3" [9/30]
- Photos Added for "No Good Deed" [9/5]
- Final Trailer Added for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" [6/19]
- New Photos Added for "Think Like A Man Too" [6/17]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "22 Jump Street" [6/6]
- "Jupiter Ascending" Moved to February 2015, "Run All Night" Bumped [6/5]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Getting Stars [5/30]
- Mequon, WI: Photos Added for Marcus North Shore Cinemas [5/2]
- Movie Theater Photos Added - 17 Theaters in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Wisconsin [4/24]
- Third Hobbit Movie Title Changed to "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" [4/24]
After being pushed from its Summer 2008 release date to October 2008 by the writer's strike, Tom Cruise's Valkyrie has been given a new release date again.
MGM and United Artists announced today that Valkyrie will be opening in theaters February 13, 2009. MGM execs are touting this as a great thing to be able to take advantage of the "holiday weekend."
"MGM is proud and excited to be presenting VALKYRIE, and because of that we want to give it the best launch possible," said Clark Woods, President of Domestic Distribution of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, which is distributing the movie domestically. "When an opening became available for President's Day Weekend, we seized the opportunity. Having seen a lot of the film and how great it is going to play once it's finished, moving into a big holiday weekend is the right move."
While the Post Office observes President's Day as a national holiday, most schools are in session, and most businesses that aren't government-related are open. Its release date is also timed with Valentine's Day, but how could a movie about an assassination attempt on Adolph Hitler be considered a date movie?
We do have some information about the movie, including the trailer, a plot summary, the cast listing, and a link to the official web site. Check out our Information Page for Valkyrie for all the details!
Source: MGM/United Artists Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.