Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Speed Racer 
Add Your Comments
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the world premiere of Speed Racer will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Saturday, April 26, 2008.
Scheduled to appear from the film: Emile Hirsch, Christina Ricci, Matthew Fox, John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Benno Furmann, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rain, Richard Roundtree, Paulie Litt, Kick Gurry, Christian Oliver, Scott Porter, Milka Duno and producer Joel Silver. Other celebrities expected to attend include Mark Ballas, Stanton Barrett, Eric Braedon, Sabrina Bryan, Cheryl Burke, Jon Cryer, Joey Fatone, Jodie Foster, Ginnifer Goodwin, Noah Gray-Cabey, Angie Harmon, Julianne Hough, Matthew Lillard, Justin Long, Jennette McCurdy, Todd Oldham, Josh Peck, Tim Robbins, Roselyn Sanchez, Ed Sanders, Rick Schroder, Karina Smirnoff, Aimee Teegarden, Blair Underwood, Jon Voight, Eric Winter, and Kristi Yamaguchi.
The Nokia Theatre is located at 777 Chick Hearn Court in Los Angeles.
Check-in begins at 3:00 PM, and the red carpet arrivals begin at 4:00 PM, with the screening beginning at 5:00 PM.
The movie opens in theaters nationwide on Friday, May 9th, 2008.
From the Wachowski brothers and producer Joel Silver, creators of the groundbreaking "The Matrix" trilogy, comes the high-octane family adventure "Speed Racer," which follows the adventures of the young race car driver Speed (Emile Hirsch) in his quest for glory in his thunderous Mach 5.
"Speed Racer" marks the Wachowski brothers' first writing/directing collaboration since "The Matrix" movies. Joel Silver, who previously worked with the Wachowskis on "The Matrix" movies and "V for Vendetta," produced the film under his Silver Pictures banner. Larry and Andy Wachowski and Grant Hill are also producers, with David Lane Seltzer and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers.
"Speed Racer" stars Emile Hirsch, Christina Ricci, Matthew Fox, John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Benno Furmann, Hiroyuki Sanada, Asian pop superstar Rain, and Richard Roundtree. Based on the classic series created by anime pioneer Tatsuo Yoshida, the live-action "Speed Racer" will showcase the kind of revolutionary visual effects and cutting-edge storytelling that have become the benchmarks of the Wachowski brothers' films.
"Speed Racer" is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, of a Silver Pictures Production, in association with Anarchos Productions.
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.