Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Pacific Theatres Glendale 18
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
Glendale, California has a new movie theater that opens today! The Pacific Theatres Glendale 18 at The Americana at Brand opens today at The Americana at Brand on Colorado and Brand Boulevard.
According to their press release, each of the 18 auditoriums features curved wall-to-wall screens, digital sound, and stadium seating with retractable arm rests and reclining seats.
They are celebrating their grand opening this week with $1 popcorn and $2 hot dogs, and there will be no extra charge for online ticketing for the first week.
The theater is planning to give away movie-themed prizes in conjunction with the movies Made of Honor, Son of Rambow, and Iron Man. They have also partnered with the Glendale Educational Foundation, which will benefit from a percentage of sales.
“The opening of Pacific Theatres Glendale 18 is an important milestone for us,” said Pacific Theatres’ COO Nora Dashwood. “Since 2002 with the opening of The Grove 14, we have continued to make significant strides in offering an unmatched movie-going experience in the greater Los Angeles area. We are thrilled to be working again with Caruso Affiliated Holdings since our experience at the Grove is proof positive that they build unique and sought-after entertainment retail destinations. This is the first time that Pacific Theatres has operated in Glendale and we are excited to be part of this community.”
Customers attending the theater will enjoy a variety of amenities including parking validation for four hours of free parking within the parking structure at The Americana at Brand and valet services will also be available (for an additional fee).
Concession choices will include popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, pretzels, and a selection of candy. Beverages and condiments are self-serve, so you can get just the right blend of ice in your drink and butter (real or imitation?) on your popcorn.
We don't have any photos available (let us know if you have some you'd like to share), but the press release mentions that the theater was built with many handcrafted details similar to those in movie palaces from the 20's and 30's. It lists the following architectural highlights:
- Gorgeous, one-of-a-kind, 24’ by 6’ hand-carved limestone relief representing the performing arts of music and drama
- Venetian chandeliers made with hand blown crystal and 24 karat gold
- Hand-painted mural paying tribute to classic Americana with iconic images of old Hollywood, the Wild West, aviation and the arts
- Two inlaid mosaic tile designs on the lobby floor showcasing intricate and playful oval designs made of rich marble and smooth limestone
Ticket prices for general admission tickets are $11.75, senior and bargain guest tickets are $9.75, and child admission tickets are $8.75 for those aged 12 and under.
The press release states that Pacific Theatres operates 200 walk-in screens in the Los Angeles, California area as well as an unspecified number of drive-in theaters.
Source: Pacific Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.