Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cinemark Louis Joliet Mall
- Cinemark Movies 10 - Joliet
- Cinemark Movies 8 - Joliet
- Silver Cinemas - Super Saver/Joliet
Add Your Comments
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Mueller Planning for Early 2017 Opening [12/23]
The Bolingbrook Sun is reporting that construction has begun on a new Cinemark movie theater at the Westfield Louis Joliet Mall in Joliet, Illinois:
Some site utility work began Monday, said Bob Koys, development director for the Westfield Group, which owns Westfield Louis Joliet Mall. The project is expected to be completed by May 2009, he added.
The three-screen Silver Cinemas - Super Saver/Joliet will be torn down after it closes in July, according to the article. The fate of the Cinemark Movies 10 and Cinemark Movies 8, also in Joliet, is unknown at this time.
The new theater will have 14 screens and feature the usual stadium seating and digital sound. The article does not mention digital cinema projection systems at all, but Cinemark is one of the founding partners of the Digital Cinema Integration Partners, a joint venture owned by Regal, AMC, and Cinemark that represents 14,000 screens in the U.S and Canada.
That organization is in negotiations right now with movie studios on expanding the number of theaters capable of digital 3-D projection, so if those negotiations are fruitful, Joliet residents will be able to enjoy Up in Disney Digital 3-D next May, as well as non-3D movies in digital projection.
Click the Read link below to read the full article about the new theater on the Bolingbrook Sun web site.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.