Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 
Add Your Comments
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
The web site Weta Holics held a chat session with Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro where the executive producer and director (respectively) of the two upcoming movies based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (the book that came before The Lord of the Rings).
|Peter Jackson||Guillermo del Toro|
In the chat, Jackson and del Toro answered questions from fans and talked about their approach to the two "prequels" to the highly successful epic Lord of the Rings trilogy of movies.
Close to 6,000 fans asked almost 4,000 questions before the chat started and then asked another one question per second during the hour the chat was running. In other words, a total of over 7,000 questions. Several people (not least Peter and Guillermo) worked hard to sift through the questions and in the end answered 60 questions. One for every minute. We do of course regret that we didn't get to all questions, but hopefully we can have more chats in the future.
The full transcript of that chat appears in the Read link below. There is too much to repeat here, so definitely check out the site if you want to get all the great details, but here are some of the highlights:
- The first installment will cover the events of the book, and the second installment will fill in the 60 year gap between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Casting has not begun, but any actor from the LOTR trilogy is welcome to reprise their roles and will be written into at least one of the movies.
- The tone of the Hobbit movies will reflect that it was a time of innocence before darkness started to fall upon Middle Earth.
- The dragon Smaug will get special treatment and will represent the definitive depiction of a dragon in any movie made to date.
- Howard Shore will be back to do the score.
- When asked about LOTR coming out on Blu-ray, Peter Jackson said that they are working with Warner Bros. on the Blu-ray editions, but it will certainly not be released this year.
For the rest of the details, check out the Read link!
For more great stuff related to The Hobbit movies, be sure to check out the conversation Guillermo del Toro had with fan site TheOneRing.net.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.