Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Showtime Cinema
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The Milwaukee Business Journal has a short article about the rising prices you may be seeing at the concession stand of your favorite theater:
Rising demand for corn for ethanol is one reason theater operators are paying more for popcorn, which typically accounts for nearly a third of their revenue. Some theater operators already have raised prices on popcorn and tickets, but so far others are swallowing the higher costs.
Click the Read link below to view the full article, but you may have to register and pay for access to read the entire contents of the article.
Since most movie theaters make the majority of their money at the concession stand and not at the box office, any fluctuations in their costs of those supplies are going to be felt hard and they are most likely going to pass that pain along to the moviegoing public.
If the prices are rising at your favorite theater, be sure to ask some questions about the product that you are getting. Is it popped fresh? Are they using artificial flavorings or real flavorings (just say no to nasty butter-flavored oil!)?
Due to my distaste for rotten-tasting popcorn one too many times and my dislike for hulls ravaging my teeth afterwards, I've turned to other snacks instead. There are so many great alternatives, don't be afraid to look beyond the popcorn...
One of my particular favorites is the soft pretzel sticks served at the Showtime Cinema in Franklin, Wisconsin. I really wish they would provide something other than nacho cheese sauce, but even plain, they're much better than popcorn!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.