Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Rave Cinemas Florence 14
Add Your Comments
- Yulee, FL: Carmike Cinemas to Build 10-Screen Theater [4/22]
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
The new Showcase Cinema de Lux Florence will be opening on June 27, 2008 in Florence, Kentucky, which is in the Cincinnati area.
WKRC-TV Channel 12 has a brief article about the new theater, which was written on May 28, 2008.
The theater will open in about a month and features 14 theater screens, and something called "Lux seating". Movie-goers ages 21 and older canl pay an extra $10 to sit in a balcony on loveseats and have access to a full service bar and restaurant for the duration of the movie.
The article includes a video tour of the new theater.
The Cincinnati Enquirer has a longer article about the theater that was written on May 29, 2008:
The theater, under construction at 7860 Mall Road, will include a lobby restaurant called Chatters as well as an area for moviegoers 21-years-old and above where liquor, wine and beer will be served.
Meals can be ordered in the VIP area, which offers balcony-type seating groups.
Eventually, special events such as Broadway shows, New York's Metropolitan Opera, concerts and other events with national interest may be booked for Showcase Cinema de Lux Florence.
That article contains some artist renderings of the theater's interior.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.