Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Elgin Cinema
- Marcus Orland Park Cinema
Orland Park, IL
- Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
- Marcus Westown
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
The Orland Park Prairie is reporting that Marcus has begun construction on a new UltraScreen for the Marcus Orland Park Cinemas in Orland Park, Illinois:
Marcus Theatres recently announced its plans to add a 68-foot-wide UltraScreen to the Orland Park Cinema in Orland Park. This will be the company's second UltraScreen in the Chicago area and the twelfth operated by the Milwaukee-based circuit. The UltraScreen will be a new 430-seat auditorium addition to the south side of the current 14-screen Orland Park Cinema. The new screen is scheduled to open later this fall.
"With our new UltraScreen, Orland Park residents will experience blockbusters like never before," President of Marcus Theatres Bruce J. Olson said.
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
This construction project was scaled back from three screens that were approved five years ago. Marcus cited changing market conditions back in February when the UltraScreen was originally announced.
The other UltraScreen that Marcus operates in the Chicagoland area is at the Marcus Elgin Fox Theatre in Elgin. Their first such installation was at the now-demolished Marcus Westown Cinema in Waukesha, Wisconsin, which was replaced by the Majestic Cinema that features two UltraScreens. Check out the Photo Gallery for the Majestic Cinema to see photos of the UltraScreens at that location.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.