Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- ArcLight Hollywood
Add Your Comments
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
- "The Revenant: The IMAX Experience" in Select Theaters Starting January 14, 2016 [1/14]
- Christopher Nolan to Use 65mm and IMAX Film to Make "Dunkirk" [1/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Landmark Downer Theatre Celebrating 100th Anniversary [12/1]
- Caledonia Man Has a Home Theater with Wurlitzer Organ [12/1]
When Batman Begins was released in theaters in 2005, fans were treated to a very different version of the superhero, and they were also treated to a new Batmobile, the tumbler.
Now, with The Dark Knight being released next Friday, fans will get another cool ride to watch in action, the Bat-pod; a motorcycle the likes of which even the guys from Orange County Choppers haven't created:
Both vehicles are on display on a national tour that includes the following cities:
- St. Louis
- Kansas City
- Washington. DC
- Niagara Falls, NY
- New York City (@ world premiere on 7/14)
- Chicago (@ Chicago Int'l Film Festival on 7/16)
- Los Angeles (@ ArcLight Cinemas on opening day)
The cycle will be on all the stops, but the tumbler will only be seen in seven of the cities, according to everything I could find. Unfortunately, the details are very sketchy, and I couldn't even find out any details of when and exactly where these locations were (New York, Boston, and Chicago are big cities!).
I was able to find some reports that the tour stopped in Cleveland, Ohio this past weekend. WTAM 1100 has a short article and some video. Slashfilm.com has some photos from the exhibit at a press day in Hollywood before the tour.
If I can find more details about dates and locations, I'll update this post. If you have information to share, please use the Feedback Form and let us know!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.