Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Incredible Hulk 
Add Your Comments
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Denon Announces New X-Series Network A/V Receivers, Dolby Atmos Support [7/24]
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced last week that the hit action movie The Incredible Hulk will be released on DVD and Blu-ray high definition disc on October 21, 2008.
| || |
Blu-ray High Definition
The movie will be released in three forms: a three-disc Special Edition DVD available for a limited time only; a two-disc Blu-ray release, offered in collectible 3D lenticular packaging for a limited time only; and a single-disc DVD edition.
The Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray releases include over two hours of bonus extras, including an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate opening and a digital copy of the film that is iPod, PC, or Mac compatible.
The two-disc Blu-ray set will include all-new, interactive features including My Chat, an innovative application that allows viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the movie.
The Incredible Hulk earned more than $200 million in worldwide box office after its release in June, and our readers gave it very positive responses, with 91% giving it a See Now! or Good rating.
For more information about the movie, including the plot summary, links to trailers and a photo gallery, as well as dozens of photos, please see the Information Page for The Incredible Hulk.
You can check out the details of each disc release in the press release below.
The Explosive Action Blockbuster Smashes its way Onto DVD and Blu-Ray(TM) Hi-Def
'THE INCREDIBLE HULK'
'Every bit as Good as 'Iron Man'!' 'A super-powered adrenaline blast!' - Aint-It-Cool News - Peter Hammond, Hollywood.com
Unleashed on October 21, 2008 From Universal Studios Home Entertainment
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- From the Marvel Universe of the world's most popular Super Heroes comes the $234.6 million worldwide summer hit that fans have been waiting for as "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" blasts onto DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def from Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Marvel Studios on October 21, 2008. Filled with unstoppable action, spectacular visual effects, and non-stop thrills, "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" is directed by Louis Leterrier and features an all-star cast including Academy Award(R) nominees Edward Norton and Tim Roth, Liv Tyler and Academy Award(R) winner William Hurt. The visually spectacular, super-charged release will be available in three versions: a three-disc Special Edition DVD available for a limited time only; a two-disc Blu-ray release, offered in collectible 3D lenticular packaging for a limited time only; and a single-disc DVD edition.
Both the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray releases include over two hours of bonus extras, including an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate opening and a digital copy of the film that is iPod, PC or MAC compatible. The two- disc Blu-ray set, offering the perfect picture and purest digital sound, will also include all-new, interactive features including My Chat, an innovative application that allows viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film for a fully immersive, exclusive experience.
The suspense-filled, action-packed story is the epic tale of Dr. Bruce Banner, whose life has been changed forever by a dose of gamma radiation that transforms him when provoked into the terrifying and powerful Hulk. Though pursued by military leaders intent on harnessing his unbelievable strength as a secret weapon, Banner must call upon the hero within himself to battle an equally powerful adversary, The Abomination.
The single-disc edition includes the film and deleted scenes. In addition to these components, both the Special Edition DVD and the Blu-ray Hi-Def release will include the following:
BONUS FEATURES -- SPECIAL EDITION DVD AND BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF:
- Alternate Opening
- The Making of "THE INCREDIBLE HULK": An in-depth look at the making of the blockbuster film, featuring interviews with Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier, and producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and the entire cast and crew. The documentary covers the film's innovative take on the character, look and storyline, as well as the casting process, production and profile of director Louis Leterrier.
- Becoming The Hulk: This featurette focuses on Edward Norton's approach to the iconic role and the incredible visual effects employed by award(R)-winning studio Rhythm & Hues to create the character on screen.
- Becoming The Abomination: From the first motion-capture session to the visual effects at Rhythm & Hues, viewers go behind the scenes with actor Tim Roth and watch as he transforms both his mind and body into the super villain known as The Abomination.
- Anatomy of a Hulk Out: Behind-the-scenes looks at three of the movie's most exciting action sequences:
- Hulking Out in the Bottling Plant -- Go inside the first action sequence of the film where both viewers and the army are given a glimpse of the Hulk to come.
- Hulking Out on Campus -- A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of a Hulk action sequence, featuring airplanes, guns, and even a sound machine.
- Hulking Out in Harlem -- From pre-visualization animatics to visual effects, this featurette shows how filmmakers created one of the largest action sequences in Marvel film history.
- From Comic Book to Screen: See the incredible comic books come to life courtesy of narration, sound effects and "living" panels of action.
- Feature Commentary With Director Louis Leterrier And Cast
- Digital Copy of "THE INCREDIBLE HULK": Compatible with PC, Mac or iPod.
- Deleted Scenes
BONUS FEATURES -- EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF:
- U Control: Universal's exclusive signature feature, U Control puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever interrupting the movie, through animated comic book panels, storyboards, early renderings of the visual effects, interactive cast and crew interviews and exclusive information about the characters, back story, and "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" physics.
- Thunderbolt Files -- Explore the top-secret files of the forces hunting The Hulk with this interactive feature that takes you deeper into the movie -- without ever leaving the film.
- Scene Explorer -- Discover the secrets behind the special effects! Explore all the individual layers that go into an effects-intensive scene with this unique Blu-ray feature.
- Comic Book Gallery -- Enjoy a Hi-Def experience of the classic comic book images that inspired key shots in the movie.
- BD-LIVE FEATURES -- Blu-ray and Playstation3 players with an Internet connection can access exclusive interactive applications that allow viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film:
- My Chat -- Just plug your player into your Internet connection and connect to BD-Live to chat with friends while watching the movie and conduct your very own private screening discussions.
- My Scenes Sharing -- Share your favorite clips with your buddies through the BD Live Internet connection
"First, there was the rousing 'Iron Man'. Now Marvel Entertainment brings the equally exhilarating 'The Incredible Hulk.'" (Vince Horiuchi, The Salt Lake Tribune)
Academy Award(R) nominee* Edward Norton stars as scientist Bruce Banner, a man who has been living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote to the unbridled force of rage within him: the Hulk. But when the military masterminds who dream of exploiting his powers force him back to civilization, he finds himself coming face to face with his most formidable foe: the Abomination -- a nightmarish beast of pure aggression whose powers match the Hulk's own!
Also starring Liv Tyler, Oscar(R) nominee** Tim Roth, and Oscar(R) winner*** William Hurt, "The Incredible Hulk" is "steeped in action and spectacular special effects" (Claudia Puig, USA TODAY) and delivers a mind- blowing final showdown that can only be summed up with one word...INCREDIBLE!
"Academy Award(R)" and "Oscar(R)" are registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
*1996 Best Supporting Actor, "Primal Fear." 1998 Best Actor, "American History X."
**1995 Best Supporting Actor, "Rob Roy."
***1985 Best Actor, "Kiss of the Spider Woman."
CAST AND FILMMAKERS
Directed By: Louis Leterrier
Screenplay and Screen Story: Zak Penn
Produced By: Avi Arid, Kevin Feige, Gale Anne Hurd
Director of Photography: Peter Menzies, Jr.
Edited By: John Wright, Rick Shaine, Vincent Tabaillon,
Production Designer: Kirk M. Petruccelli
Costume Designer: Renee Bravener, Denise Cronenberg
Original Music By: Craig Armstrong
Cast: Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt, Tim Blake Nelson, Ty Burrell, Lou Ferrigno as the voice of "The Incredible Hulk"
Street Date: October 21, 2008
Pre-Order Close: September 9, 2008 (DVD)
September 2, 2008 (Blu-ray)
Packaging Layout and Design: Copyright (C) 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: Single Disc SRP $29.98
Special Edition SRP $34.98
Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def SRP $39.98
Rating: PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence, some frightening sci-fi images and brief suggestive content
Running Time: 1 Hour 53 Minutes
DVDSelection Number: 2005905 (Widescreen) 2006222 (Full Frame)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Anamorphic Widescreen) 1.33:1 (Full Frame)
Technical Info: English Audio: DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 / Dolby Digital 2.0 Spanish and French Audio: DTS Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Selection Number: 20007317
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.35:1
English Audio: DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 / Dolby Digital 2.0
Spanish and French Audio: DTS Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (http://www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.
About Marvel Entertainment
With a library of over 5,000 characters built over more than sixty years of comic book publishing, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in licensing, entertainment (via Marvel Studios and Marvel Animation) and publishing (via Marvel Comics), with emphasis on feature films, television, DVD, consumer products, video games, action figures, role-playing toys and promotions. Marvel's strategy is to leverage its franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world. For more information visit http://www.marvel.com.
The Incredible Hulk, the Movie(C) 2008 MVL Film Finance LLC. MARVEL, The Incredible Hulk, all character names and their distinctive likenesses: TM & (C) 2008 Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Super Hero(es) is a co-owned registered trademark. "Academy Award(R)" is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Source: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.