Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Grandview Theater & Drafthouse
Add Your Comments
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
ColumbusLocalNews.com is reporting that the Drexel Grandview in Columbus, Ohio will be closing its doors on September 27th, 2008.
The theater's operators have been running it at a loss due to low attendance, and negotiations with the property's owner to purchase it so that more screens could be added to boost revenue failed. The operators plan to have a "grand closing party" on the 27th.
The article features the typical shock-and-dismay on the part of local folk who all say that it was so nice to have a theater nearby, but when the reason for closing is low attendance and not enough money coming in, those same people must not have gone often enough, or they didn't bring enough of their friends when they did.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
This is a scenario that plays out across the country, especially with single-screen locations. They often have tons of character but they have trouble attracting the crowds, usually because they don't have the wider selection of movies offered by multiplexes.
According to the entry for the Drexel Grandview on the web site Cinema Treasures, the Drexel Grandview originally opened in 1926 and seated 561 people.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.