Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Fairfax Theatre 6
Add Your Comments
- Buena Park, CA: CGV Buena Park 8 Grand Opening on January 27, 2017 [1/24]
- 2017 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/24]
- Frisco, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Delayed to September 2018 [1/23]
- Malibu, CA: Regal Malibu Twin May Close Soon [1/23]
- Rochester, NY: Cinemark Movies 10 in Brighton Closed [1/23]
- Staten Island, NY: UA Hylan Plaza 5 Closed [1/23]
- Santa Fe, NM: UA Devargas Mall Cinema 6 Closed [1/23]
- Star Wars 8 Has a Title: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" [1/23]
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
The Fairfax 5 Theatres in Fairfax, California has installed solar panels to offset its energy costs, according to a press release issued by SPG Solar, Inc., the company that developed and installed the system.
Dave Corkill, founder of Cinema West, a leading California major motion cinema chain, has owned and operated the Fairfax 5 Theatres for over 13 years and recently turned it into Marin’s first all digital projection theatre. “I wanted a sustainable and renewable energy solution for the Fairfax Theatre. Solar energy will not only help us offset our electricity costs, but will also reduce greenhouse emissions and propagate the environmental ideals of this progressive community. The Fairfax Theatre’s marquis is one of the first things you see when entering Fairfax. Now we are proud that it also represents clean energy,” said Corkill.
Ted Walsh, Sales Manager for SPG Solar, stated, “Over its 30-year life, the PV system at Fairfax Theatre is expected to offset nearly 1,000 tons of greenhouse gases, including over 2 million pounds of carbon dioxide, equivalent to removing 180 cars off the road. As a resident of Fairfax myself, I am very excited to see Cinema West taking on an environmental leadership role in town. It’s an exciting addition to the community.”
According to the release, the theater will save over $627,000 over the 30-year life of the 27kW system. About half of the cost was covered by State and Federal credits/rebates and the theater expects to recoup the rest through cost savings in about 5 years.
Source: SPG Solar, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.