Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Falmouth Cinema Pub
East Falmouth, MA
- Regal Cinemas Mashpee Commons 6
- Regal Cinemas Nickelodeon 5
North Falmouth, MA
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
The Cape Cod Times is reporting that the Falmouth Cinema Pub in East Falmouth, Massachussetts is now closed. The theater had just opened in December after a major remodeling.
Owner Christopher Ballarino told the publication that the closure is at least temporary, but would offer no further comment about why the theater closed. Another of Ballarino's businesses, restaurant Ma Glockner's in Bellingham, has also closed.
Click the Read link below to view the full article on the Cape Cod Times web site.
For movie fans in the East Falmouth area, the closest options are now the Regal Cinemas Mashpee Commons 6 in Mashpee and the Regal Cinemas Nickelodeon 5 in North Falmouth. Both are located about five miles from the Falmouth Cinema Pub.
I visited the East Falmouth area this summer and took the photo above of the Falmouth Cinema Pub on a Sunday afternoon. There were plenty of people entering the theater, so it seemed like a good place for area residents and tourists to take in a movie.
The article mentions that the conversion to the cinema pub concept reduced the theater's six screens down to three, and that may have contributed to its demise. While the cinema pub idea is a good one in the right area (and I think they were in the right area), many theaters with less than 6-8 screens struggle to have a wide enough variety of movies to satisfy a broad range of moviegoers.
In early August, we invited the Falmouth Cinema Pub to join our list of Featured Theaters so that they could attract more customers. Too bad for them, and for area movie fans, that they didn't take us up on it. We could have helped them...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.