Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera 
- Batman Begins 
- Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience 
- Superman Returns 
- Superman Returns: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- V for Vendetta 
- V For Vendetta: The IMAX Experience 
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "Aliens" 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Set - September 16, 2016 [7/25]
- On Home Video: Miles Davis Drama "Miles Ahead" - July 19, 2016 [7/20]
- On Home Video: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Ultimate Edition - July 19, 2016 [7/19]
- On Home Video: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - July 12, 2016 [7/12]
- Get a Free Copy of "Independence Day" from FandangoNOW - 6/10/16 - 6/12/16 Only [6/10]
- Check Out the Hologram TIE Fighter and Millenium Falcon on this Vinyl Release of the Soundtrack for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" [6/8]
- Catch Up on the Bourne Movies Before the Release of "Jason Bourne" - 4 Movies for $23.99 at Amazon.com [6/1]
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
Our Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com is offering a promotion where you can get $100 off the price of select Blu-ray players with the purchase of four select movies from Warner Bros.
The Blu-ray players eligible for this promotion are (prices are before discount):
- Sony PlayStation 3 80GB ($400)
- Sylvania NB500SL9 ($200)
- Samsung BD-P1500 ($210)
Of these three, I'd have to go with the PlayStation 3. It's the most powerful, it's the best regarded, and it's also a game system. If that doesn't appeal to you, the Samsung would be the best bang-for-the-buck choice. The PS3 can be overkill, and the price knocks it out of range for many people. With its recent upgrade for BD-Live, the Samsung BD-P1500 is a pretty good combination of price and features, and most likely worth the $10 uptick in price over the Sylvania.
The selection of movies is a little weak (click the link above for the full list), but that's just my personal preference. Batman Begins is well worth the purchase price and V for Vendetta is pretty good, but the rest are a little more iffy. I'd probably pick Superman Returns and then finish with Phantom of the Opera (for a little variety).
The page on Amazon doesn't say when the promotion expires, but I wouldn't wait around if this interests you as these promotions come and go pretty quickly.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.