Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Adding Height Speakers for a Dolby Atmos Installation - Comparison Test [9/17]
Warner Bros. announced yesterday that the Blu-ray disc release of The Dark Knight on December 9, 2008 has sold 1.7 million units worldwide and 1 million in the United States alone in its first week. This is a new record for the Blu-ray format! The previous Blu-ray champ was Iron Man, which sold 500,000 units in its first week. (Total DVD and Blu-ray sales totaled 13.5 million worldwide, including consumer sales and rental sales, in one week.)
The Dark Knight was the summer's biggest hit and continues to bring in box office revenue. The movie is also scheduled to return to theaters in January. I reviewed the extensive Blu-ray release and found it to be a great release to purchase, so it's no surprise that it's selling well.
If you haven't picked up your copy of one of the Blu-ray or DVD editions yet, please feel free to use the links below to purchase from Amazon.com!
The Dark Knight: Limited Edition with Batpod (+Digital Copy and BD Live) [Blu-ray]
|The Dark Knight (Two-Disc Special Edition DVD + Digital Copy)||The Dark Knight (Widescreen Single-Disc DVD Edition)|
Source: Warner Bros. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.