Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Coconut Creek, FL: Silverspot at Promenade Now Open [5/28]
- Carson, CA: Grand Opening of Cinemark Carson & XD Thursday, May 28, 2015 [5/28]
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution at Warner Bros. said that "'The Dark Knight' is a crowning achievement in every sense of the word. We wanted to provide one more opportunity for moviegoers to experience it on the big screen as it was meant to be seen."
The movie was released on on DVD and Blu-ray on December 9, 2008 (read my review of the Blu-ray release), and the theatrical re-release is no doubt a result of the success the movie has had in the box office, in home video sales, the various awards that it has received so far, and the anticipated Academy Award® nominations when those are announced on Thursday, January 22nd.
- Director Christopher Nolan received a Directors Guild of America nomination
- The producers received a Producers Guide of American Award nomination
- Nolan, Jonathan Nolan, and David S. Goyer received a Writers Guild of America nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay
- Heath Ledger received a Golden Globe Award, a Critics' Choice Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination
- The movie won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Action Film and won five People's Choice Awards, including Favorite Movie and Favorite Cast
The movie originally opened in theaters on July 18, 2008, and according to the IMDB, has racked up over $530 million in box office receipts in the United States and over $995 million worldwide. It spent 10 weeks in the top 10 box office movies list.
The re-release will be happening in 35mm and digital cinema theaters as well as in IMAX theaters. We already have showtimes coming in, so make your plans and buy your tickets, it's worth seeing again!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.