Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
Readers here know that I'm a big fan of the score for The Dark Knight that was created by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard, and I have a lot of confidence that it will be nominated for and will win the Academy Award® for Best Score on February 22nd (now that the Academy got its act together after initially disqualifying it).
The score has been release twice already, once in the original 1-disc form and again in November in the form of a 2 CD Special Edition that includes a second disc and a nicely done book containing photos from the movie. While the latter edition is not a complete set of the music from the movie, it is a nice package (see the Complete Recordings series for The Lord of the Rings movies to see how it should be done).
Radio station KCRW out of Santa Monica, California interviewed Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard about the creation of the score and working with Christopher Nolan. The host of the radio show is Jason Bentley:
Jason Bentley: We’re here to talk about a little film called the Dark Knight…does this film give you a unique opportunity, musically, that might be different from your prior film work?
Hans Zimmer: Well, I think being able to set up and go -- I can be provocative. I can be completely uncompromising. I can basically go back to my roots and, let me be specific about this, when you’re a kid starting out and making music, you make music for the great pleasure of it and you don’t censor yourself. You don’t try to write pretty. You write what’s in you and I think in a funny way this really allowed us to do this and to be very experimental and not hold back and scare the children with it.
The transcript of the interview as well as the full audio interview is available at the Read link below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.