Remove ads with our VIP Service
- New in Town 
Add Your Comments
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
- Independence, MO: Noland Fashion Cinema Closed [6/30]
Movie studio Lionsgate announced this week that they have made some last-minute changes to the upcoming Renée Zellweger romantic comedy New in Town to make it more "accessible and acceptable to the entire family" after they reportedly received strong word of mouth from family-friendly audiences.
The movie was originally rated PG-13 forMPAA Ratings Information
This is an interesting turn of events, as many movies strive for the PG-13 rating, in the hopes of attracting a wide base of people that may not be able to attend R movies, but are turned off by PG movies, thinking that they are too bland or something. If their move is successful, Lionsgate may start a trend of targeting movies to PG, or at least not artificially inserting language in order to trigger the MPAA's PG-13 alarms when such content isn't necessary to the story.
New in Town stars Zellweger as an ambitious executive from Miami who accepts a temporary reassignment to the middle of nowhere in the hopes of landing a big promotion when it's over. What begins as a straightforward job assignment becomes a life-changing experience as Lucy discovers greater meaning in her life and, most unexpectedly, the man of her dreams (Harry Connick Jr.).
The movie opens in theaters next Friday, January 30th, 2009.
For more information, including a more complete cast listing, plot summary, the trailer, and links to the official web site and more, please visit the Information Page for New in Town!
Source: Lionsgate Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.