Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Body of Lies 
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Denon Announces AVR-X6200W Network A/V Receiver [9/30]
Body of Lies
Warner Home Video
List Price: $35.99 (Check Price at Amazon.com)
Click here for additional movie details, including the full plot summary, cast listing, trailers and videos, photos, reviews of the movie, and links to the official movie web site and more.
| Video Format:
Movie: BD-50 (x1) BD-J
Disc 1 Contents
- No Upfront Ads!
- Special Features
- Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Screenwriter William Monahan, and Author David Ignatius
- Focus Points: Actionable Intelligence: Deconstructing Body of Lies (79 mins, HD)
- Interactive Debriefing (19 mins, HD)
- Deleted Scenes, with optional commentary by Ridley Scott (14 mins, HD)
- BD-Live Extras (as of 3/3/2009)
- Trailer for Body of Lies (Dolby Digital)
- Featurette: Amsterdam Bombing (DTS)
- Featurette: Helicopter Chase in the Desert (DTS)
Disc 2 Contents
- Digital Copy
About the Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio plays a CIA agent on the ground in the middle east, hunting for the mastermind behind terrorist attacks. He is handled by Russell Crowe, who, from thousands of miles away, provides him with information, runs interference, and provides support. In a world of turmoil, working for an agency with constantly shifting allegiances, who can be trusted? As DiCaprio nears his target, he discovers that trust can be equally dangerous and useful, and that enemies and friends can be very hard to distinguish from one day to the next.
How Does it Look?
The picture quality was very good! Both the desert scenes of the middle east and the suburban scenes of the U.S. are delivered in great detail and color. The contrast between the two that is delivered in such clarity serve as an additional reminder of how different the two worlds really are.
How Does it Sound?
The audio was also very good. The Dolby TrueHD soundtrack had plenty of opportunities to shine, and shine it did! The helicopter scene is very intense, and ratchets up the tension very well. This title shows how the right movie on the Blu-ray format can provide great demo material!
I like to see the theatrical trailer included with movies, so I was disappointed to see that it was not included on this disc. A window-boxed version is provided in the BD-Live section, which will be covered later.
A data DVD in this package contains a digital copy of the movie in both Windows Media and iTunes formats, presumably for downloading to your PC, iPod/iPhone, and Zune portable devices. I didn't install the movie to see if it worked, as I have no desire to watch movies on a tiny iPod screen, or even my PC.
The deleted scenes contain optional commentary from the director about why they didn't make it into the final cut. Some of these scenes are interesting, but after listening to the director's commentary, you can see why they were cut. Such is the case with the alternate ending, which isn't as good as the one that made the cut, but it's interesting to see nonetheless.
The BD-Live functionality on this disc requires that you log in with your Warner Bros. BD-Live login, or create one if you don't have one already. This is mandatory before you can see any online content, even the stuff that's not personalized to you (thereby requiring an account so they can deliver a personalized experience). What you get for your trouble is a window-boxed trailer for the movie. and at the time of this review (two weeks after release), two small features which highlight how special effects were accomplished in two of scenes from the movie. In the "Trailers" section is a selection of trailers for home video and theatrical releases.
While I still believe that BD-Live has incredible potential, there is nothing on this disc that demonstrates innovation. The included special effects features, and especially the trailer, should have been included on the disc instead of delivered in a window-boxed format. It almost seems as though the three clips were added so that the BD-Live sticker could be placed on the packaging. Maybe the studio will add to the content selection at a later time, but I am not holding my breath.
This disc is BD-J formatted, but unlike some other recent titles, our PlayStation 3 was not able to support auto-resuming the movie. Bookmarking is also not supported.
Ridley Scott shows once again that he can deliver an action movie worth watching! This Blu-ray disc release does a good job of delivering the movie very well, and backs it up with some great extras that will reward fans of the movie with additional enjoyment. While I am disappointed with the lack of any substantial BD-Live features, this disc has enough going for it that the BD-Live sticker on the label can be safely ignored and you will still feel like the purchase was worth it.
Don't just take our word for it, check out these resources for more reviews of the movie and of the disc.
- Movie Reviews
- Blu-ray Reviews
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.