Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Departed 
- Dr. No 
- Hairspray 
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 
- Iron Man 
- La Femme Nikita 
- Quantum of Solace 
- The Searchers 
- Stargate 
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day 
- Transformers 
- Transformers: The IMAX Experience 
- Tropic Thunder 
- WALL-E 
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno 
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "Aliens" 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Set - September 16, 2016 [7/25]
- On Home Video: Miles Davis Drama "Miles Ahead" - July 19, 2016 [7/20]
- On Home Video: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Ultimate Edition - July 19, 2016 [7/19]
- On Home Video: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - July 12, 2016 [7/12]
- Get a Free Copy of "Independence Day" from FandangoNOW - 6/10/16 - 6/12/16 Only [6/10]
- Check Out the Hologram TIE Fighter and Millenium Falcon on this Vinyl Release of the Soundtrack for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" [6/8]
- Catch Up on the Bourne Movies Before the Release of "Jason Bourne" - 4 Movies for $23.99 at Amazon.com [6/1]
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
|Martin Scorcese's gripping crime thriller won four Oscars, including Best Picture. The current sale offers this title at 49% off the $34.99 list price!|
Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com is known for offering Blu-ray discs for some really good prices (certainly better than you'll find in your local Big Box retail stores), and right now, they have some promotions going on that will save you even more money!
Amazon is currently offering 379 Blu-ray titles as low as $9.99 (their naming conventions for these promotions still throw me).
The sale lasts until March 22, 2009 and includes such stalwarts as Stargate for $9.99 and Terminator 2 for $11.49, but also include more recent releases, such as Iron Man, Transformers, WALL-E, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Tropic Thunder, and Zack and Miri Make a Porno. The list is long, and I'm sure that you'll find something that appeals to you no matter what kind of movies you like.
Buy two Blu-ray discs from a list of 25 Blu-ray catalog titles and get one free. The promotion is being offered through March 9th. Titles include Donnie Brasco, La Femme Nikita, and Broken Trail.
Save up to 57% off list prices on 69 titles. No end date is given, and the selection may vary. Titles include the excellent Planet Earth documentary series, The Departed, A Clockwork Orange, Hairspray, and The Searchers. This sale is part of the larger "The Big DVD Sale" sale going on right now.
In an oddly named promotion, where some of the 10 Blu-ray titles are actually $14.99, you can get a good deal on some hits from the past, including the best Tom Clancy movie made, The Hunt for Red October. Give me a ping, Vasili! This promotion ends on March 29th, 2009.
For a limited time only, pre-order Quantum of Solace on Blu-ray and save on additional James Bond Blu-ray titles when you enter a promotional code found on the above page. For example, if you buy Quantum of Solace (the latest Bond movie) and Dr. No (the first Bond movie), you can take $7 off the total order. If you buy Quantum of Solace and the other nine movies on the list, you save a total of $60!
It's too bad they don't have the excellent Casino Royale (Daniel Craig's debut as Bond) in the list, but this is a great way to stock up on Bond movies that you don't already have. Offer ends March 23, 2009.
Amazon Beats the Big Box
Like I said, Amazon consistently beats the big box retailers on prices. Occasionally, I'll see a decent deal on the week of the release, but even discs being released next Tuesday are cheaper at Amazon. They are a dollar cheaper on Quantum of Solace, and $1.50 cheaper on the Pinocchio Platinum Edition. Toss in free shipping and it just doesn't make much sense to hassle with going to a store and hoping they still have stock. Amazon even guarantees price reductions if you pre-order something and it goes down in price before it is released.
Updated on 3/9/2009 to include the $13.99 sale.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.