Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks Hoping for June 2016 Opening [5/18]
- Santa Barbara, CA:Santa Barbara International Film Festival Makes New Home at Riviera Theatre [5/18]
- Springfield, MO: Wehrenberg Campbell 16 Cine Closing July 31, 2016 [5/16]
- Leeds, AL: Coyote Drive-In Now Open [5/11]
- Huntsville, AL: Cinemark Monaco Adding XD Auditorium, Luxury Lounger Seating [5/9]
- Rancho Mirage, CA: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Century at The River and XD [5/9]
- Cerritos, CA: Harkins Cerritos 16 Now Open [5/9]
- Muskegon, MI: Harbor Cinema Closed [5/9]
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
Carmike Cinemas announced yesterday that they were launching what they call "Stimulus Tuesdays," which is a promotion where guests can purchase 16 ounce drinks and 46 ounce popcorns on Tuesdays for just $1.00.
Carmike Director of Marketing Dale Hurst, stated, "While lawmakers in Washington, DC continue to debate how to get the American economy back on-track and the rest of us wait for some positive impact on the economy and our pocketbooks, Carmike has an immediate solution that is sure to please our valued patrons and make the movie-going experience more affordable and enjoyable. Popcorn and drink prices like these have not been seen since the 1970s, when a loaf of bread was only $0.25, a gallon of gas cost $0.35 and the average home could be purchased for under $30,000."
The promotion will begin on March 10, 2009 and will be available at all of Carmike's locations across the United States.
According to the press release, Carmike had 250 locations in 36 states as of September 30, 2008. 94% of their screens are equipped with Digital Cinema Projection systems, and 20% of those screens are equipped with 3D.
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending us this news!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.