Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Race to Witch Mountain 
- El Capitan
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
Walt Disney Pictures has announced that the World Premiere of the upcoming action/adventure movie Race to Witch Mountain will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California.
Scheduled to appear from the movie are Dwayne Johnson, AnnaSophia Robb, Alexander Ludwig, Carla Gugino, Tom Everett Scott, Chris Marquette, Billy Brown, Garry Marshall, Kim Richards, Iake Eissinmann, John Duff, Kevin Christy, Robert Clendenin, Robert Torti, Ted Hartley, Meredith Salenger, Corri English, and Randy Dunham.
Additional celebrity guests expected to appear are Kristen Bell, Amanda Bynes, Ricardo Chavira, Morris Chestnut, Ice Cube, Ken Davitian, Shannen Doherty, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Christine Lakin, Hayes MacArthur, Madison Pettis, Brenda Song, and A.J. Trauth.
Celebrity arrivals begin at 5:30pm and the screening begins at 7pm.
For years, stories have circulated about a secret place in the middle of the Nevada desert, known for unexplained phenomena and strange sightings. It’s called Witch Mountain, and when a Las Vegas cab driver (Dwayne Johnson) finds two teens with supernatural powers in his cab, he suddenly finds himself in the middle of an adventure he can’t explain. They work together to discover that the only chance to save the world lies in unraveling the secrets of Witch Mountain, and the race begins.
The movie opens in theaters Friday, March 13th, and is rated PG. For more information, including the trailer, videos, photos, and links to the official web site and more, please visit the Information Page for Race to Witch Mountain!
Select theaters already have showtimes and advance tickets available for opening weekend, so buy your tickets now and avoid the lines!
Source: Walt Disney Pictures Press Release
Updated on 3/11/2009 to update arrival time and to include additional celebrity guests.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.