Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Monsters vs. Aliens 3D 
- Marcus Coral Ridge Cinema
- Marcus Crossroads Cinema
- Marcus Addison Cinemas
- Marcus Elgin Cinema
- Marcus Duluth Cinema
- Marcus Twin Creek Cinema
- Marcus Crosswoods Cinema
- Marcus Hollywood Cinema
Grand Chute, WI
- Marcus La Crosse Cinema
La Crosse, WI
- Marcus Eastgate Cinema
- Marcus North Shore Cinemas
- Marcus South Shore Cinemas
Oak Creek, WI
- Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
Marcus Theatres Corp. announced today that it will be adding 13 new installations of RealD's Digital 3D projection systems in time for the March 27th release of the highly anticipated Monsters vs. Aliens 3D. Advance tickets will go on sale for the movie on Friday, March 13th for all RealD-equipped locations (click for showtimes and ticket links).
Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres, said digital 3D is a growing force in the industry. “With up to 14 digital 3D films scheduled for release in both calendar 2009 and 2010, this powerful technology has promising revenue potential. We are very encouraged by attendance trends and digital 3D’s success to date has had a positive impact on our box office.” “The digital 3D experience is a much more dynamic form of movie entertainment. Studios are dramatically improving the quality and making the experience even more interactive with outstanding graphics and life-like images that engage the viewer. Audiences are delighted by the sensory experience of being enveloped into the motion picture,” added Olson.
Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres, said digital 3D is a growing force in the industry. “With up to 14 digital 3D films scheduled for release in both calendar 2009 and 2010, this powerful technology has promising revenue potential. We are very encouraged by attendance trends and digital 3D’s success to date has had a positive impact on our box office.”
“The digital 3D experience is a much more dynamic form of movie entertainment. Studios are dramatically improving the quality and making the experience even more interactive with outstanding graphics and life-like images that engage the viewer. Audiences are delighted by the sensory experience of being enveloped into the motion picture,” added Olson.
The new installations will bring Marcus' total to 27 in seven states. The press release also mentions that the deal includes an additional 12 installations to be completed in the future.
The following Marcus Theatres locations are the sites of the new installations:
- Marcus Addison Cinemas - Addison, IL
- Marcus Elgin Fox Theatre - Elgin, IL
- Marcus Cinema - Crosswoods Center - Columbus, OH
- Marcus Coral Ridge - Coralville, IA
- Marcus Crossroads Waterloo - Waterloo, IA
- Marcus Duluth - Duluth, MN
- Marcus Eastgate Cinemas - Madison, WI
- Marcus Hollywood - Grand Chute, WI
- Marcus LaCrosse Cinemas - La Crosse, WI
- Marcus North Shore - Mequon, WI
- Marcus Cedar Creek Cinemas - Mosinee, WI
- Marcus South Shore - Oak Creek, WI
- Marcus Twin Creek Cinema - Bellevue, NE
The existing Digital 3D installations are located at:
- Marcus Gurnee Cinemas - Gurnee, IL
- Marcus Orland Park Cinemas - Orland Park, IL
- Marcus Oakdale Ultrascreen Cinema - Oakdale, MN
- Marcus Parkwood - Waite Park, MN
- Marcus Century - Fargo, ND
- Marcus Lincoln Grand - Lincoln, NE
- Marcus Village Pointe Cinema - Omaha, NE
- Marcus Cinema Pickerington - Pickerington, OH
- Marcus Bay Park - Ashwaubenon, WI
- Marcus Point - Madison, WI
- Marcus Cinema at the Renaissance - Sturtevant, WI
- Marcus Ridge Cinema - New Berlin, WI
- Marcus Majestic - Waukesha, WI
- Marcus Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls, WI
The press release indicated that Marcus Theatres is the seventh largest chain in the United States, owning/operating 675 screens at 55 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Ohio. RealD's technology is identified as being deployed in 34 countries, amounting to more than 8,000 screens under contract, with nearly 2,600 installations to date.
Source: Marcus Theatres Corp. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.