Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Fast & Furious 
Add Your Comments
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
D-BOX Technologies announced this week that the release of Fast & Furious on April 3, 2009 will mark the debut of its D-BOX Motion Code™ technology in a theatrical setting. The technology has been available for home theaters, where the viewer's seat moves in synch with the action on the screen via specially coded movie titles on Blu-ray high definition disc and DVD.
"We are very proud to showcase our immersive D-BOX Motion Code technology with 'Fast & Furious' from Universal," stated Claude Mc Master, president and chief executive officer of D-BOX Technologies. "This will be a first for moviegoers as they will be able to not only watch the movie, but also feel the action like never before in a commercial theatre environment."
When the movie is released, only two movie theaters will be equipped with the technology. The Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood, California and the UltraStar Surprise Pointe 14 in Surprise, Arizona will have D-BOX-equipped shows, and there will be demonstration kiosks in the lobbies prior to release so that customers will have the chance to test-drive the experience of the motion technology.
Vin Diesel and Paul Walker reteam for the ultimate chapter of the franchise built on speed. Heading back to the streets where it all began, they rejoin Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert in the new high-octane action-thriller. For more information about the movie, including the movie trailer, photos, links to the official web site and IMDb entry, and more, check out the Information Page for Fast & Furious.
More information about D-BOX Technologies can be found at their official web site.
Source: D-Box Technologies Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.