Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
Milwaukee Film, a new organization dedicated to hosting Milwaukee, Wisconsin's premier film festival, has set the date for the 2009 Milwaukee Film Festival. Showcasing more than 100 movies at venues across the city, the festival will begin on September 24, 2009 and continue through to October 4, 2009.
According to the press release issued yesterday, the festival will feature movies from around the world, many of which probably would not be released in the Milwaukee market. Locations include the Oriental Theatre in Milwaukee and North Shore Cinema in Mequon.
"We’re incredibly excited to be able to announce the Film Festival dates today," said Jonathan Jackson, Milwaukee Film artistic director. "We’re confident that the new festival will be the best Milwaukee has seen and that it will be a Milwaukee institution for many years to come."
The early deadline for submissions is April 6, 2009. Entry fees start at $10, but the fees are waived for any movie created by a Milwaukee filmmaker. Tickets will go on sale in April and will be $10 per movie, but discounts will be offered for package purchases and passes.
For more information, click on the Read link below to visit the group's official web site.
Source: Milwaukee Film Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.