Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
According to a press release issued today by Marcus Theatres, their renovations to the North Shore Cinema in Mequon, Wisconsin are more than 80% complete and should be finished by May 2009.
The renovations were announced last July and were scheduled to begin in Fall. The large addition to the East side of the building was bricked in a few weeks ago, and work was beginning on the entrance.
|This is the entrance of the Marcus North Shore Cinema before construction began on a new covered porte-cochère as part of the renovations, which began last fall and are scheduled to be completed by May.
The renovations will add a 70-foot-wide UltraScreen®, expand the concessions area, add a Zaffiro’s Italian restaurant and a cocktail lounge, as well as upgrades to the other auditoriums. The Zaffiro's restaurant will bring pizza choices, and the upgraded concessions area will offer sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and appetizers. There will be a baby grand piano in the lobby with cafe-style seating, so it sounds like it will be very similar to the Marcus Majestic in Waukesha.
Each auditorium is also being upgraded with wide memory-foam reclining seats, so you won't have to go to the UltraScreen (and pay UltraScreen prices) to enjoy some of the new improvements. According to the press release, nine of the eleven auditoriums will also offer reserved seating.
North Shore Cinema is constantly busy every time I pass by that location. Even after the 2005 opening of the Marcus Saukville Cinema, the parking lots were always filled.
The North Shore Cinema opened in 1990 and closed for several months after a fire in December 1997.
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.