Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Babylon, NY: Bow Tie Babylon Theater Closed [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
Mequon, WI - The Mequon planning commission recommended last night that Marcus Theatres not be allowed to add four screens and 472 seats to North Shore Cinema. Traffic concerns on Port Washington Road were high on the list of concerns.
Alderman Robert Ashmore represents the area in which the theater is located, and he opposed the expansion plan. Ashmore stated that residents are concerned about the level of traffic that already exists on Port Washington Road, and turned down a Marcus-hired traffic engineer's assertion that the expansion would not increase traffic in the area.
This may hasten Marcus' plan to build a theater on land that it owns in nearby Saukville, in order to satisfy the demand that exists in that area.
- Cinema Expansion Rejected by Falls Residents -- Journal Sentinel Online Article [10/8/98]
- New North Shore Cinema to make Titanic debut -- Journal Sentinel Online Article [5/15/98]
- North Shore Cinema reopening pushed back -- Journal Sentinel Online Article [1/15/98]
- Mequon cinema draws kudos from city leaders -- Journal Sentinel Online Article [1/15/98]
- Marcus Shut Out at Mayfair -- The Business Journal of Milwaukee [12/02/96]
- Men. Falls Holds Meeting About Proposed Theater Complex [08/12/96]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.