Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Cinemark West Plano & XD
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: ArcLight Cinemas - Glenview Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Culver City, CA: ArcLight Cinemas - Culver City Opening on April 30, 2015 [4/27]
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
When it comes to movies, the adage is that "bigger is better" and in recent years, several movie chains have applied that to the size of their screens. Far from the closet-sized movie theater featured in Bachelor Party, Cinemark's new XD3 has debuted at the Cinemark West Plano in West Plano, Texas, which provides customers with a 70-foot wide screen, more than 500 plush seats, a custom JBL sound system boasting 30 speakers, and a completely redesigned viewing environment.
"The XD3 format offers Cinemark's customers an extreme digital experience," comments Alan Stock, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "We have created an environment that engages all of your senses and pulls you into the movie. Another benefit worth mentioning is that Cinemark will be able to exhibit all movies in this auditorium, including Real D-3D pictures."
Their press release goes on to say that Cinemark is evaluating additional markets for this new offering, so unless you're in the West Plano area, you'll have to wait a little longer for super-sized movies at Cinemark theaters.
Don't worry, though, as other chains also have big screens that they are happy to brag about. Marcus Theatres has UltraScreen installations at several of their locations, and other chains have large screens, but perhaps not as catchy brand names attached to them.
When theaters make note of these types of shows, they are displayed in our showtimes listings. Just look for terms like "Ultrascreen" and "Giant Screen" in the notes that appear beneath the showtimes!
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.