Remove ads with our VIP Service
- TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
Actor Hugh Jackman will be placing his hands and feet into wet concrete at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 11am. Jackman joins a select number of Hollywood actors, producers, and other VIP's who have been immortalized in the theater's forecourt.
Jackman's career began in Australia in 1999 with the small movies Paperback Hero and Erskineville Kings, but he was launched into the Hollywood spotlight a year later as he played the mutant Wolverine in X-Men. In addition to movies, he has also starred in musicals and plays, and was the host of this year's Academy Awards ceremony. His next movie to open in theaters, X-Men Origins: Wolverine on May 1st, continues the X-Men franchise, and is one of the summer's highly anticipated blockbusters.
The first footprint ceremony at the Chinese Theatre was held in 1927, with Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks doing the honors. Since then, more than 200 ceremonies have been held. The Chinese Theatre has a map showing the location of each, as well as a full list of the ceremonies and photos of recent inductees.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.