Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Yes Man 
Add Your Comments
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
- Blu-ray Review: Dolphin Tale [1/13]
- Blu-ray Review: Planet Earth Special Edition [10/28]
- Netflix Realizes After 3 Weeks What Every Customer Knew Right Away - Qwikster Was a Bad Idea [10/10]
- Amazon Shakes Up the Tablet Market with New 7-inch "Fire" and Releases New Kindles Too [9/28]
- Netflix Splits In Two, Sending Streaming and Discs to Separate Corners [9/22]
- Blu-ray Review: Hall Pass - Enlarged Edition [7/1]
- Miramax Bringing Movie Library to Hulu [6/2]
- Blockbuster Closing 186 More Stores This Week [3/28]
- Orville Redenbacher Introduces New Microwave Popcorn Bag That Turns Into a Bowl [3/18]
Yes Man 2-Disc Special Edition
Warner Bros. Pictures
List Price: $34.99 (Check Price at Amazon.com)
Click here for additional movie details, including the full plot summary, cast listing, trailers and videos, photos, reviews of the movie, and links to the official movie web site and more.
| Video Format:
Disc 1 Contents
- Upfront Ads - can be skipped (DD 5.1)
- Blu-ray Promo (1:09)
- He's Not That Into You on Blu-ray and DVD (:45)
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past in Theaters (2:31)
- Special Features
- Downtime on the Set of Yes Man with Jim Carrey (3:59)
- Jim Carrey: Extreme Yes Man (11:52)
- Future Sounds: Munchausen by Proxy (5:27)
- Munchausen by Proxy Music Videos (14:25)
- Gag Reel (5:34)
About the Movie
Jim Carrey returns to his comedic, slapstick roots with this comedy about a man who breaks out of his post-divorce depression by saying "yes" to every opportunity after attending a motivational seminar.
How Does it Look?
The picture quality was good for DVD but unremarkable. There were no annoying artifacts, edge enhancements, or other visual issues.
How Does it Sound?
For a comedy, the sound is quite good! Usually, decent sound mixes are reserved for action movies and epics, but this title actually does a decent job of using the soundfield to its advantage. It's not going to be demo material by any means, but it's nice to see some work put into it.
I like to see the theatrical trailer included with movies, so I was disappointed that one wasn't included here. The other features are OK as far as DVD supplements go, but nothing substantial is to be found in any of them. If you enjoyed the music of Munchausen by Proxy, you'll be happy with the music videos and maybe even the mockumentary about the band.
There is a second disc in the form of a DVD Digital Copy. By inserting the disc into a Windows PC or Mac, you can obtain a digital copy of the movie for playback on your PSP, PC, Mac, or iPod. Typically, I don't consider digital copies of this kind to be at all worthwhile, but with a movie like this, I can see the appeal of having it on one's iPod for a couple of days to revisit. I didn't explore this option, so I can't comment on the picture or sound quality. The documentation says that the Digital Copy must be redeemed by 4/6/2010.
This movie is Jim Carrey's vehicle from beginning to end, and he succeeds in finding the magic he once delivered so effortlessly on the screen back in the day of Liar Liar. It certainly helps that he is backed up by a great performance by Zooey Deschanel and the other supporting characters.
The disc packaging is somewhat misleading in that it says that it is a "2-disc Digital Copy Special Edition" which, to the casual observer, would mean that there are two discs of content, plus a digital copy. In fact, there is one disc of content, and one disc containing the digital copy.
If you're a big Jim Carrey comedy fan, this is worth picking up. If you're on the fence, it's definitely worth renting.
Don't just take our word for it, check out these resources for more reviews of the movie and of the disc.
- Movie Reviews
- Blu-ray Reviews
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.