Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Bubba Ho-Tep 
- Friday the 13th Part 3 
- Jaws 
- The Karate Kid 
- Monty Python's Life of Brian 
- Pulp Fiction 
- Repo! The Genetic Opera 
- Road House 
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show 
- Showgirls 
- Sixteen Candles 
- Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan 
- Vertigo 
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 
- Oaks Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
Movie lovers in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area have another reason to look forward to the oncoming summer season with the announcement today by The Oaks Theater in nearby Oakmont of their "Moonlit Matinee Film Festival" lineup for 2009.
The 71-year-old theater is going to be showing a series of 18 movies on Friday and Saturday nights from May 22nd through August 29th. The movie selection includes Monty Python's The Life of Brian, Alfred Hitchcock's , and more.
See the press release below for the full schedule.
The Oaks Theater Announces 'The ScareHouse Moonlit Matinee Film Festival' Schedule
PITTSBURGH, April 27 /PRNewswire/ -- The historic Oaks Theater is pleased to announce the schedule for its 7th Annual "Moonlit Matinee Film Festival," Pittsburgh's only summer-long, late-night film festival. This year's festival consists of 18 films covering everything from beloved teen comedies to 80's horror films, cult comedies to family favorites, critically acclaimed masterpieces and some of the "worst movies ever made" (such as the Pittsburgh Premiere of the recent "so bad it's good" sensation THE ROOM).
A gloriously refurbished 430-seat single-screen movie house now in its 71st year of operation, the Oaks Theater offers its patrons a truly unique cinematic experience. "It is always our goal to provide people with an entertainment option that is inexpensive, unique, and just plain fun," said Oaks Theater Manager Randy Collins. "This festival is created with the aim of preserving the kind of theater-going experience only offered by the increasingly rare single-screen movie house."
This year's festival is presented by The ScareHouse(R), the popular haunted attraction located in Etna, just a few miles from the Oaks Theater. "This festival is always a highlight of the summer for much of our cast and crew," said ScareHouse creative director Scott Simmons. "We jumped at the chance to not only support a great independent theater like the Oaks, but also to encourage fans to experience these highly entertaining films in the way they're meant to be experienced: on the big screen and surrounded by an enthusiastic audience."
Unless noted, each film screens on Friday at 10pm and on Saturday at Midnight. Tickets are $7.00 in advance or $8.00 at the door (cash only). Advance ticket sales begin online (www.theoakstheater.com) and at the Oaks Theater box office Friday, May 8.
Schedule of films:
Friday May 22 and Saturday May 23: The Room (2003) (Local Premiere!)
(Also showing Sat 7/11 & Sat
8/15 @ 10PM)
Friday May 29 and Saturday May 30: Monty Python's The Life of Brian
Friday June 5 and Saturday June 6: Vertigo (1958)
Friday June 12 and Saturday June 13: Sixteen Candles (1984)
Friday June 19 and Saturday June 20: Road House (1989)
Friday June 26 and Saturday June 27: Bubba Ho-tep (2003)
Friday July 3 and Saturday July 4: Jaws (1975)
Friday July 10 and Saturday July 11: Friday the 13th Part 3 - in 3-D
Friday July 17 and Saturday July 18: Showgirls (1995)
Friday July 24 and Saturday July 25: DOUBLE FEATURE begins @ 10PM both
Black Devil Doll (2008)
Black Devil Doll filmmakers Jon &
Shawn Lewis at both screenings!
Special Admission $9.00 in
advance/$10.00 at the door
Friday July 31 and Saturday August 1: Return of the Living Dead (1985)
Friday August 7 and Saturday August 8: Pulp Fiction (1994)
Friday August 14 & Saturday August 15: Karate Kid (1984)
Friday August 21 & Saturday August 22: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Friday August 28 & Saturday August 29: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
ONE TIME ONLY: Friday August 14: Midnight show: Repo! The Genetic
Live floor show with shadow cast
$10 in advance/$11 at the door
ONGOING: last Friday of every month Midnight show: The Rocky Horror
Picture Show (1975)
(May 29, June 26, July 31 & August 28) Live floor show with shadow cast
Source: The ScareHouse Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.