Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Bridge on the River Kwai 
Add Your Comments
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
- Blu-ray Review: Dolphin Tale [1/13]
- Blu-ray Review: Planet Earth Special Edition [10/28]
- Netflix Realizes After 3 Weeks What Every Customer Knew Right Away - Qwikster Was a Bad Idea [10/10]
- Amazon Shakes Up the Tablet Market with New 7-inch "Fire" and Releases New Kindles Too [9/28]
- Netflix Splits In Two, Sending Streaming and Discs to Separate Corners [9/22]
- Blu-ray Review: Hall Pass - Enlarged Edition [7/1]
- Miramax Bringing Movie Library to Hulu [6/2]
- Blockbuster Closing 186 More Stores This Week [3/28]
- Orville Redenbacher Introduces New Microwave Popcorn Bag That Turns Into a Bowl [3/18]
Feel like staying in over Memorial Day weekend? Turner Classic Movies, a cable/satellite movie channel, has a movie marathon that will keep you glued to your seat and your DVR begging for mercy with 72 hours of great movies!
The marathon starts on Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 6am ET with 1939's Wings of the Navy, starring George Brent and Olivia de Havilland. Here is a list of movies they are planning to show:
- Wings of the Navy
- Air Force
- Task Force
- Flying Tigers
- Back to Bataan
- From Here to Eternity
- They Were Expendable
- A Walk in the Sun
- The Fighting Sullivans
- Objective, Burma!
- The Story of G.I. Joe
- Destination Tokyo
- Submarine Command
- We Dive at Dawn
- Operation Crossbow
- Where Eagles Dare
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
- Above and Beyond
- The Dam Busters
- A Sailor-Made Man
- Shoulder Arms
- Ballad of a Soldier
- The Fighting Seabees
- Action in the North Atlantic
- Hell is for Heroes
- Men of the Fighting Lady
- The Devil's Brigade
- The Dirty Dozen
- Kelly's Heroes
- Sergeant York
- The Dawn Patrol (1938)
- The Fighting 69th
- The Big Parade
- The Lost Patrol
For the full schedule and for details about each movie in the marathon, check out the Read link below.
Source: Turner Classic Movies web site
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.