Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theatres at Bayshore Town Center
- Times Theater
- Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse
- Fox Bay Cinema Grill
Whitefish Bay, WI
Add Your Comments
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
- Ridgefield, CT: Prospector Theater Offers Movies Ahead of Its Opening [2/24]
- Largo, FL: AMC Tri-City 8 Closed January 19, 2014 [2/17]
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting that a new movie theater is being planned for the former Kohl's Food Store location in Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Larry Widen and David Glazer have agreed to buy the former Kohl's Food Store, 4630 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and hope to complete their purchase by the end of July, Glazer said Wednesday. The building is between Cudahy and Plankinton avenues, one block north of Layton Ave.
Widen and Glazer, who operate the Times Cinema, 5906 W. Vliet St., and Rosebud Cinema Drafthouse, 6823 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa, plan to remodel the 17,000-square-foot building into a cinema, Glazer said.
The Rosebud Cinema Cudahy would include sit-down dining, with wine and beer served, similar to the Rosebud, Widen said.
The Rosebud, which shows first-run movies, has a dining menu that includes pizzas, appetizers, burgers and other sandwiches. Its furnishings include love seats and sofas, and the Cudahy theater would have similar furnishings, Glazer and Widen said.
They are still looking to finalize financing, so no timeframe for an opening date was mentioned.
Currently, the Cudahy area is not served by any local movie theaters. The closest theaters to the proposed location are the Marcus South Shore and Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek about five miles to the South. In addition to the Rosebud location in Wauwatosa, two other theaters in the Milwaukee area offer in-theater dining, the Fox Bay Cinema Grill in Whitefish Bay and the iPic Entertainment at Bayshore Town Center in Glendale.
Click the Read link below for the full article on JSOnline.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.